Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smashed up by hit and run driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:27 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default Smashed up by hit and run driver

well, it happened to me. Someone smashed up my car while I was at work. I didn't notice it at the time.
I had parked my GT in my usual space and when I came back after work I just thought that it seemed I was more forward in the space than usual. It was night so I didn't notice any damage. Nor did I that night when I put the car cover on at home or when I took it off the next afternoon to go to the beach. But at the beach I saw this black mark on the bumper, then a crack in the taillight and finally the caved-in part on the driver's side rear quarter panel. Some A-hole probably backed into me in the parking structure at work. I still can't figure how they hit both the side and the rear. No note left or anything!
The worst thing is I have a $1000 deductible and the damage is just over $1000. But I'll need to file a claim just to pay for the $50/day rental reimbursment. No way of knowing how long they'd take to fix it, since they'll have to order a new taillight cover.
And they said they'd be using some bondo so now I have to show them my contract that says "restored to its condition prior to the loss". Doesn't that mean NO BONDO? Of course that'll probably mean replacing the whole quarter panel. What are the odds of getting it done right?
I'm also going to see if I can take it back to the dealer to get those TSB's and other rattles and stuff fixed and maybe they can give me a rental car if I pay for the body work. I wouldn't want to pay for a rental because we all know how long it takes dealers to fix out Mustangs! I'll see if they really want to fix this so I can trade it in on a Shelby GT...

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/86CAE02923CF451A97DA5CA3CF014949.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/8CDA01EC03084AD5B9A2AFB6EFB05209.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2006, 05:37 AM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Smashed up by hit and run driver

original condition would normally mean no bondo, but it's gonna depend on where you take it. It ends up being between what the insurance will pay for really. Good luck man, that really, really sucks.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

lets kill this bi*tch
Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Seriously... there is no chivalry anymore...

You backed up in someone’s car, leave a note and be on your way. Even if someone is driving a nice car it doesn’t mean that person has dough to fix that kind of damage… Especially if you take into account about 90% of new cars on the road are (partly) owned by a bank / car dealership and not by people who busted out a check book for the premium full option stang... [:@]
Old 09-05-2006, 10:12 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Just look for a dark colored car with some damage to it next time you go to work if it was a closed in area. If it was open and just anyone can park there i guess you're out of luck finding who did it.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

They can do wonders now a days. Here is a picture of mine when the rear quarter was replaced:

Here it is afterwards:

Old 09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
GaryFenza89
I ♥ Acer

I like your car alot^
Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Thank you, I like my car alot too.........
Old 09-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

Oh god, do not let them bondo your ****ing car man. Its a brand new car, give them hell. take it to a respectable body shop while youre at it.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:11 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Just IMO that looks like it can be pulled out...basically they will weld metal "nipples" so to speak and pull it out...shouldn't be any need for bondo...and if there is it will be very minimal.

Sorry, that sucks.

Quick Reply: Smashed up by hit and run driver