Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torgue Manangement turned off- Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:37 AM
dyeguy

Default Torgue Manangement turned off- Wow!

I have a Procharger on my car and was pretty happy with the power but asked my tuner to take another look at my tune before going to the track again. So he decides to turn off the torque management system (Don't know why he didn't do it at first). I take it out for a test drive and the thing takes off like a bat out of hell and chirps the tires on every shift which it never did before. It eliminated the hesitation when you really stomp on it. Wow, feels like a different car. Just thought I'd share that if any of you haven't done that yet.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:43 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Torgue Manangement turned off- Wow!

wow weird it wasnt off with the tune
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dyeguy

I have a Procharger on my car and was pretty happy with the power but asked my tuner to take another look at my tune before going to the track again. So he decides to turn off the torque management system (Don't know why he didn't do it at first). I take it out for a test drive and the thing takes off like a bat out of hell and chirps the tires on every shift which it never did before. It eliminated the hesitation when you really stomp on it. Wow, feels like a different car. Just thought I'd share that if any of you haven't done that yet.

This is pretty interesting. I didnt know the torque management system could be turned off.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 AM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

I've never heard of this being an option - what kind of tuner are you (or your shop) using?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dyeguy

What brand of tuner are you using and who is the tuner.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

+1 million

could this be the next free mod????????????????
Old 09-06-2006, 09:14 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I have heard rumor of this - Tell us more!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:17 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

i was thinking he was talking about traction control (which forces the computer to rob power, and pulls timing, even when seeming to do nothing). I know u guys have a button for it, because a certain unfortunate collegue of mine has to push it every time he gets in his car . but there is something else in there too?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:25 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

There is a torque nanny feature in the Spanish Oak that pulls timing as you approach the redline rpm that is in the tune. Maybe that uis what he turned off? I set my redline at 6850, and my shift light at 6200 so I can stay off the torque nanny. You can turn of the TCS with a handheld tuner.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:27 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

when delk did your tune, did u ask them to leave the TCS on? because for me they turned it off for good (as in i cant turn it on without retuning) and told me they always do it. I was under the impression that the s197s didnt have the always off feature in the tuner.

Quick Reply: Torgue Manangement turned off- Wow!