Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

geico insurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: geico insurance

When I bought my Mustang this past April I switched to Geico. Liberty Mutual wanted $1650 for a year. Geico charges me $515 every 6 months. I have a clean record, I'm 25, and I live in CT.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Hm, maybe I'll give Geico a call. I went with AIS and they got me signed up with Mercury Insurance, I'm paying $166 a month or $990 for 6 months. Which was actually better than what I was doing before $266 a month with Wawanesa.

19 years old, no tickets, one claim filed
Old 09-07-2006, 05:11 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I had State Farm for 27 years. I never filed a claim. Never had an accident. I switched to GIECO after all that time. I saved a ton of money. Within 4 months I smashed my 97 F150 driver side door into a boat ramp pier. I called them up, and they told me to take my truck to the shop of my choice. I took it in and they replaced the entire door. No problems and no questions. Rates stayed the same and there was never a hint of being dropped. Of course I have a terrific driving record. I have 3 vehicles with GIECO. 97 F150, 2002 Escape and my 06 GT .I saved a ton of money over State Farm. I recommend them highly. BTW my brother works for Erie insurance and even with his discount he can't touch the GIECO price.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

My neighbor has Geico, and is currently suing them. His wife's Camry was wrecked, and Geico will NOT pay for genuine Toyota brand OEM parts. They will only pay the body shop for the cost of aftermarket, inferior body parts(front & rear door, front fender). He was told by them that if he wanted genuine Toyota replacement parts, he had to pay the difference himself. The body shop told him that Geico is a major pain in the a$$, and they have more problems with them than any other. I don't know about any of you, but there is no way I want parts made in China replacing parts made by Ford if I have a wreck. Sorry, I'll gladly pay a little more for the better coverage.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:46 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

IF you go through a private bank (i.e. wescom for westerners) and not like bank of america or something. They usually can find great deals on insurance for you. Mercury insurance is what they hooked me up with very cheap and good
Old 09-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

My family has had Geico as far back as I can remember, and I have Geico on my cars. We've had nothing but great service with them. We've had some claims with them, and every time we've had a check within a week's time. Dad totalled his car, at fault, they paid over KBB for the car. Dad had a mutual fault accident, they paid to fix it at Ford's body shop. Mom got rear ended, guy had shady insurance. Geico paid for the repairs and went after other guy for payment. Dad rear ended a car, Geico paid for factory parts. Dad lost it in the rain with my car. Repairs came out to well over KBB. I asked to get the car fixed, Geico paid to fix it. I totalled my car at street races. The racing was on the report and everything. Liability, so no payout, but they paid the other guy, and my insurance didn't go up.

When I first got my own insurance, I switched to Progressive because it was cheaper. My car got stolen, and stripped enough that it was a total loss. At first I was impressed. They came to my house and took oil samples and all kinds of things (I recovered the car from the impound). That was where anything impressive ended. They inundated me with paperwork, which I had to keep paying out of pocket to get notarized. They took over 2 months to send a tow truck to pick the POS up from my driveway. Over 4 months passed and I still didn't have a check. I finally found the car I wanted, but I couldn't get a loan until the totalled car was paid off. I had to get my credit union to call them and demand payment in order for them to pay me. I quickly dropped them and went back to Geico.

As a side note, my credit union kicks ***. Any time I have any trouble with anything remotely associated with my banking, I call them up and they send their bull dogs to my rescue.

Oh, and I pay $600/6mo for my Stang.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:51 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Everyone has good and bad stories about GEICO, and I'm sure there are a good and bad stories about every other insurance company out there.
For the most part, I've heard more bad than good about GEICO.
NEVER trust a company that has "government" in their name !
JMO
LMAF
Old 09-08-2006, 05:21 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't insure you or your Dad!

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

My family has had Geico as far back as I can remember, and I have Geico on my cars. We've had nothing but great service with them. We've had some claims with them, and every time we've had a check within a week's time. Dad totalled his car, at fault, they paid over KBB for the car. Dad had a mutual fault accident, they paid to fix it at Ford's body shop. Mom got rear ended, guy had shady insurance. Geico paid for the repairs and went after other guy for payment. Dad rear ended a car, Geico paid for factory parts. Dad lost it in the rain with my car. Repairs came out to well over KBB. I asked to get the car fixed, Geico paid to fix it. I totalled my car at street races. The racing was on the report and everything. Liability, so no payout, but they paid the other guy, and my insurance didn't go up.

When I first got my own insurance, I switched to Progressive because it was cheaper. My car got stolen, and stripped enough that it was a total loss. At first I was impressed. They came to my house and took oil samples and all kinds of things (I recovered the car from the impound). That was where anything impressive ended. They inundated me with paperwork, which I had to keep paying out of pocket to get notarized. They took over 2 months to send a tow truck to pick the POS up from my driveway. Over 4 months passed and I still didn't have a check. I finally found the car I wanted, but I couldn't get a loan until the totalled car was paid off. I had to get my credit union to call them and demand payment in order for them to pay me. I quickly dropped them and went back to Geico.

As a side note, my credit union kicks ***. Any time I have any trouble with anything remotely associated with my banking, I call them up and they send their bull dogs to my rescue.

Oh, and I pay $600/6mo for my Stang.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:25 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

ROFL Moosestang
Old 09-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I wouldn't insure you or your Dad!
LOL dude. Really only one of my dad's was actually his fault. Where he rearended a guy, my dad was waiting to make a right behind some SUV. When the guy took off to turn, my dad looked left and rolled foward, but the guy decided to stop again, so my dad bumped him. The one with my car was my fault, as I had a worn out tire on the rear which caused him to hydroplane and spin into a guard rail on the freeway. The mutual fault, my dad and a motorcyclist changed lanes into the same lane and bumped (guy luckily didn't go down). The total, he swerved to miss a car in front of him during a panic stop, when some guy coming on the freeway decided to cut across 4 lanes of traffic at 40mph (a common occurence in the bay area), and he got hit by a semi, but because he swerved, police claimed him at fault. All in all not all that bad for 20+ years of 100mile commutes in bay area rush hour traffic.

As for me, well, I wouldn't have insured me when I was younger either LOL. I had the philosophy of finding out my cars' limits by pushing them beyond. It made good learning experiences in body, suspension, and engine work though . THe car totalling was what finally opened my eyes, and also made me learn that with speed, you have to upgrade brakes to match. I haven't been to races in almost 10 years, as that was the last time I went. It's funny, though lucky to be alive, I think all my out of control experiences when young has made me a better driver now.

Quick Reply: geico insurance