Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Update (131 MPH)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

Default Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Update (131 MPH)

We went to the track last night, and the traction and humidity was horrible, it still ran low 11's but the MPH has jumped to 131mph, which is what I expected since we went a little more aggressive with the tune.

The GT500 with all this low end torque we are making, mixed with the 5K launches, which the drag radials don't like. It just blows the tires off spinning all the way through 2nd.

This car the way it sits is very capable of a mid 10 sec pass, the MPH in the 1/8th mile is 104 and the 1/4 mile is 131, and we're still not done tuning it or dialing the suspension in.

We are switching to a straight slick for next week! We will be running the Bogart GT Series Wheel (Same series wheel we're running now) but with a 15X3.5 in the front and 15X10 in the rear with a 28X10.5X15W Mickey Thompson ET Drag!

The final version of the JLT CAI that we've been testing with JLT for the past 4 weeks is completely awesome! It's 100% carbon fiber and the final design turned out amazing! That intake was an integral part of our GT500's Power and Timeslips.

I should have updated dyno numbers and videos tomorrow, since we will be tuning it all day tomorrow on the dyno. I’m expecting to be hovering around the 590 RWHP and 580 RWTQ mark by the end of the day tomorrow.

We're really shooting for 600/600! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

On a side note: I know it's not the same, but who wants to see another video of the GT500 in it’s current power level do another simulated 1/4 mile run on the dyno? I figured we could do it after tuning it tomorrow while it was already on the dyno. Then you could compare it to the other two simulated 1/4 mile dyno run videos I did. Please respond with yes or no in your post replies.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:57 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Update (131 MPH)

WOW... you guys are running faster times int he 1/8 than Im running in the 1/4 ... thats kinda sad on my part.. You guys truly are making a beast of a machine right there. Id like to see some vids once you get the new tires on her and everything. How much boost are you guys at right now with that kind of power? And do you plan on changing out any parts on her to experiment/ find any better power parts? (Like will you be testing a C&L vs the JLT you have on there now to see which one gives more, and experimenting with which longtubes give more hp etc?) And did you guys plan to go into heavy engine modding, like stroking and that sort of thing? Im thinking if you go that route and pump some more boost you could be pushing 800-850 .. That would be a true killer hunk of metal right there.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Commander Bubbles
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

WOW... you guys are running faster times int he 1/8 than Im running in the 1/4 ... thats kinda sad on my part.. You guys truly are making a beast of a machine right there. Id like to see some vids once you get the new tires on her and everything. How much boost are you guys at right now with that kind of power? And do you plan on changing out any parts on her to experiment/ find any better power parts? (Like will you be testing a C&L vs the JLT you have on there now to see which one gives more, and experimenting with which longtubes give more hp etc?) And did you guys plan to go into heavy engine modding, like stroking and that sort of thing? Im thinking if you go that route and pump some more boost you could be pushing 800-850 .. That would be a true killer hunk of metal right there.
Is your car a 6 second car? Should be the other way around
Old 09-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Commander Bubbles
2nd Gear Member

Very nice though...nice to see a shelby go that fast. We need vids...and then more...please?
Old 09-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Ubergeist
1st Gear Member

What is all done to the GT500?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Yes more videos! I think that you guys are really proving wrong all the guys that said this car didn't have a lot of potential. I wish I had your job!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:51 AM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

Yes, keep the vids coming evo!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

The car is coming from the factory with 500BHP. Of course it has potential, but it's still HEAVY. If it could be lightened up but still keep a street driveable look, then it would really be a beast.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Just proves the point that is you put enough motor behind anything it will fly. Case in point F-4 Phantom. Less aerodynamic than a brick, 50,000 plus pounds and will do better than twice the speed of sound. Fred is really making the GT500 look like not such a bad car. At least not for the strip. I wonder how much one would have to spend to get into the 10's and how much streetabily they would lose.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

Wow this is all top of the line stuff here, pretty cool. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Quick Reply: Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Update (131 MPH)