Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 system Vs. Stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 500 system Vs. Stock

Looks very 80's, JMO. Not a fan of their(aftermarket radios) looks...but I realize their performance is superior to factory setups...but
I am very satisfied with the factory head unit...I was in my 20's 20 years ago, been there, done that...I want to be able to hear without a listening device when I'm in my 60s. I don't need 100,000 watts to impress anyone of the fairer sex walking down the street.
Besides true muscle heads put their windows down to hear "great music". Take it easy
Old 09-08-2006, 10:19 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

I have usually upgraded my vehicle audio systems to hi quality aftermarket components. With my 05 GT, all I did was change out the front door and rear deck speakers keeping the Shaker 500 in place. It sounds pretty damn good to me. I listen mostly to hard rock. The overall sound is very comparable to my aftermarket setup in my daily driver (Sony XPLOD head unit, Kicker AMP, subwoofer, JBL speakers).
Old 09-08-2006, 10:40 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't have swapped my Shaker 500 out either but I wanted to be able to attach and control my iPod through the head unit. After swapping just the HU I am glad I did ... definitely sounds better than the Shaker even with the stock speakers. Now I'm ready to swap out the factory paper cone speakers as well ... I can't imagine it sounding better but I'm sure it will ...
Old 09-08-2006, 11:00 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Yeh i have the shaker 500, it seems to be very powerful and with the 2 subwoofers and amps and 500 watts through them, its really good. I like the clean look on the dash and no glisteny lights, and it plays mp3 cds. THe shaker 1000 is a waste for basically 2 subwoofers for 1000 bux, i think the 500 is good value and youd have to worry about a place for an amp or a sub if you were to get one. Its really good and totally worth it.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:32 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

So what about the 6 disc in-dash changer? I couldn't give up that convenience...yes, I'm lazy like that! lol
Old 09-09-2006, 12:36 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

So what about the 6 disc in-dash changer? I couldn't give up that convenience...yes, I'm lazy like that! lol
Just about every Aftermarket HU can control a CD Changer mounted in the trunk, underseat, etc ... I have a 40GB iPod hooked up to mine ... Don't need a CD Changer ....
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I agree, CD changer doesnt mean much these days, i have a creative labs micro zen, and it holds alot more then six cd's! Not to mention most aftermarket CD players as well as the shaker can play mp3 cd's, so you can get alot more songs that way too.

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Just about every Aftermarket HU can control a CD Changer mounted in the trunk, underseat, etc ... I have a 40GB iPod hooked up to mine ... Don't need a CD Changer ....
Old 09-09-2006, 01:46 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

exactly, cd changer under the seat in the trunk, not in front of u...
Old 09-09-2006, 02:13 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Just call me Fred Flintstone.....and now I know why you had to change your stereo system...to cancel out that dreadful V-6 drone.....
Ugh! I have never understood the merits of a 4/6 cylinder Mustang...trying to play the part..and yes, I know you can supercharge it, add nitrous[sm=icon_blah.gif]. I nearly didn't buy a Mustang last year because all the first dealership I went to had V-6s and like a dum dum, I test drive(hated the feeling) one and was very disappointed.....drove the GT the next day(at another dealership) and couldn't believe the transformation! I know, I know I sound like I'm hating..well I'm not because if it weren't for the LESSER Mustangs, we wouldn't have any at all. So thanks for making it possible(by buying a V-6) for me to zoom around in a GT![sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-09-2006, 11:25 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Just call me Fred Flintstone.....and now I know why you had to change your stereo system...to cancel out that dreadful V-6 drone.....
Ugh! I have never understood the merits of a 4/6 cylinder Mustang...trying to play the part..and yes, I know you can supercharge it, add nitrous[sm=icon_blah.gif]. I nearly didn't buy a Mustang last year because all the first dealership I went to had V-6s and like a dum dum, I test drive(hated the feeling) one and was very disappointed.....drove the GT the next day(at another dealership) and couldn't believe the transformation! I know, I know I sound like I'm hating..well I'm not because if it weren't for the LESSER Mustangs, we wouldn't have any at all. So thanks for making it possible(by buying a V-6) for me to zoom around in a GT![sm=gears.gif]
LOL .... possibly the most worthless post ever ....

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 system Vs. Stock