Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 1 know where the SPEED SENSOR wire is so my Pioneer H/U can be installed correctly??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:52 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default Any 1 know where the SPEED SENSOR wire is so my Pioneer H/U can be installed correctly??

My new stereo shop is saying that I need a $200 piece in order for my Pioneer AVIC-D2 speed sensor to work. Has anyone tapped into their Vehicle Speed Sensor and would you be able to tell me where it is on a 2007 Mustang GT (Auto)???? Thanks!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Any 1 know where the SPEED SENSOR wire is so my Pioneer H/U can be installed correctly??

Forgive me for being old and out of touch with the stereo scene, but what does the speed sensor do for your HU?
Old 09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Any 1 know where the SPEED SENSOR wire is so my Pioneer H/U can be installed correctly??

I think they say if you lose a satellite signal or some crap like that...it records how long you've driven so that when the signal comes back your trail will be tracked accordingly. I THINK! Some bull crap like!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I see, it's for the navigation system. Sorry I don't know where it is, but I'm sure someone does.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

the speed sensor wire works because on the pionner HU's they have a "vehicle info" screen which can tell you digitaly how fast your going, your acceleration and so on and so forth. The AVIC-N2 has a built in inertia sensor so I didnt even need to tap into that. Just a line to the e-brake. And that is a safety thing; you can't watch movies or enter a destination while driving.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Is it for speed sensitive volumn?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Is it for speed sensitive volumn?
Nope, it is for when you lose signal as described above.

The shop I had my installed at doesn't hook this up in the new Mustangs because, they claim, it is actually computed within the spanish oak computer. You can install your head unit and not hook this up.

I've seen where some people have tapped into wires leading into the computer and I showed that to my installer and he said "yeah, that's not it"... so take that for what it is worth.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Your new stereo shop is blowing smoke up your ***.

You need to pop the cap on the top PCM plug and look for a wire that is dark blue with yellow tracer.... there you have it myfriend. THATS youre output shaft sensor. No longer VSS because the PCM reads the OSS and makes up its own VSS inside of the PCM, so its electronic. You can read it with a scan tool and bring up the VSS pid. But you cant actually tap into it for your GPS sensor wire and it will work fine. I have had my Kenwood navigation unit hooked up there for over a year with no issues. Have also passed the info to people with Pioneers, Eclipse, and Clarion. All have worked.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/50C99612FB394E608009F2513F4D1154.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

What and where is the PCM PLUG? Thanks!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:35 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

What and where is the PCM PLUG? Thanks!
I am almost afraid to even answer that. If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be jacking with it. But here goes.

The PCM is the "computer" for your car. It is a wedge shaped box sitting on it's end between your power distribution box ( that thing that you probably thought was a fuse box ) and the engine. It has three harnesses running in to it. You want to remove the cover on the top plug to locate the dark blue with yellow tracer wire to hook your GPS sensor wire to.

*Disclaimer* If you F it up, it ain't my fault

Quick Reply: Any 1 know where the SPEED SENSOR wire is so my Pioneer H/U can be installed correctly??