Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
dsteber

Default RE: Alarm System

While we are on the subject of the active anti-theft system, I could use a little schooling. What makes this alarm so special? I have it on my 06 GT Vert, and do not know what's so different about it, compared to other alarms. I THOUGHT it would have a motion sensor, so when the top is down, you can arm it and it would go off if anyone tried to reach in, etc. However, it says differently in the owners manual. Can anyone else explain?? Thanks.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

mine has a motion sensor. Tryed to get something out of my car through the window and it went off. Never knew i had an alarm until then
Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
FoxyPawz
1st Gear Member

I gotta try that. I have no clue either. I fixed my alarm tho. It was being super sensitive and went off if I talked next to it and all those problems from the first post. I turned the key "on" three times and it changed it to a less "sensitive" setting. Now it acts like a normal alarm and doesn't go off at everything.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
dsteber

I think I read that it does have a motion sensor, however, I do not think it works if the convertible top is down. I would go test it, but it's raining!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:02 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I have the Smith & Wesson model no. 29 .44 magnum alarm. It doesn't beep at all.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:12 PM
dsteber

My first alarm is the S&W Sigma .40. As yours, mine does not beep either!! It says "BANG" about 15 times!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

I just pray no one does anything to it.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:43 PM
dsteber

Well, the only good thing that I found with the "active anti-theft" is the 60 ampere/hour battery. I thought I read somewhere that it was a "perimiter" alarm also. I thought a perimeter alarm means that if it is armed, and someone gets close to it, it would chirp or something. Remember the Viper alarm that used to say "warning. you are too close to the vehicle. STEP BACK"? I don't know if they still make that or not, but it was cool when it came out. I personally do not want that now, but a chirp or something would be great. I need to look into an aftermarket alarm that can utilize the motion sensors so it will go off if the top is down, and anyone tries to reach in. Anyway, thanks for all of your help.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:25 AM
06 tgstn vert

I got the motion alarm in my 06' GT vert. For some reason it doesnt work w/ the top down but if you leave the windows down w/ top up and reach inside minimum 60 seconds after you arm the alram the damn thing will go off every time. Great feature just wished it would work when the top was down as well.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:17 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

the interior motion sensor doesn't work with the top down so that if a leaf falls in your car it won't go off. "Perimeter" security refers to perimeter access points like doors, windows, trunk, and hood....not a force field.

It's not a bad systems for merely $260 or so.

If they "put yours on" for free but was worth $700 or so, then you have some aftermarket system. The factory system is "put on" when they build the car (as an extra cost option) and thus the cost is built into the MSRP.

Quick Reply: Alarm System