Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 aux port/ipod

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:04 AM
05blackknight01

Default 05 aux port/ipod

I HAVE an 05 mustang gt. with the shaker 1000 system in it. i see an aux. port on the head unit and i wanted to run a wire to play an ipod. has anyone done this? if so whered you run it and how'd you do it?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Fambaa
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05 aux port/ipod

WHOA wait a minute they had these in an 05 model? How come my dads doesnt have it on his and his is loaded. Everthing possible but auto.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Dior85
1st Gear Member

i have an 06 and my unit says the same thing. when i click on AUX it says no input or something like that(obviously bc no wire is hooked up to it) how did everyone get their wires hooked up? bc when i went into bestbuy they showed me this wire that plugs into the unit and then into the ipod but the two outlets (the one on the unit and then the one in the arm rest) look like just a power outlet.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:48 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

maybe its universal and you need the ford aux thing to splice into it.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

I think you can hook up a wire for the 2007's+. I'm not sure about the 05-06's.
I know you can buy a kit for 200 bucks, and you run it through your glove box. It is a waste of money, an iTrip works great and I got mine for $40.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:00 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

the only thing i'd get is the peripheral electronics ipod adapter that you can control the ipod on the screen.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I think you can hook up a wire for the 2007's+. I'm not sure about the 05-06's.
I know you can buy a kit for 200 bucks, and you run it through your glove box. It is a waste of money, an iTrip works great and I got mine for $40.
i disagree, i've been a griffin itrip user since i got my ipod a year ago, 3 months ago, i got Peripheral's ipod adapter (was only $95 for me). granted they had a couple of problems, which they fixed, it's a whole lot better than the itrip. There is a HUGE difference in sound quality plus you would have to adjust your itrip while driving through cities with tons of radio stations, there's no way i'd ever go back to a transmitter, ever.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05blackknight01

I HAVE an 05 mustang gt. with the shaker 1000 system in it. i see an aux. port on the head unit and i wanted to run a wire to play an ipod. has anyone done this? if so whered you run it and how'd you do it?
you'd need soemthing like this or similar:

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-192-8...frd04-aux.aspx

there's also a very helpfull thread about this here on mufo
https://mustangforums.com/m_481064/tm.htm
Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Trinity
1st Gear Member

There is actually a Ford part available called "Trip Tunes" that connects to the Aux port and allows you to controll the iPod, which would be in the glove box, through the stereo. Unfortunately... This was too basic for what I wanted so I went the Drive+Play by harmon/kardon. I still had to have the PIE module for the Aux integration but instead of running the iPod straight to the stereo it goes through the Drive+Play instead. The controller is on the dash, on the drivers side, in front of the steering wheel. The display, which tells me what is playing, who it is, my playlists, and etc, is mounted in the map light area. Pictures of this setup are in my gallery. As to the Trip Tunes I have the Accessories Catalog from Ford...

2006 Mustang Accessories Catalog --- Blue Tooth, Trip Tunes, Car Cover... its all here.
http://www.webphantasia.com/trinity/2006_Mustang.pdf

If it doesn't open properly remember that it is a PDF file which means you need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system. Its available online from Adobe and its free.
(Please save a copy for yourself and do not link to mine as I may not keep it here for too long.)

Old 09-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trinity

There is actually a Ford part available called "Trip Tunes" that connects to the Aux port and allows you to controll the iPod, which would be in the glove box, through the stereo.
I checked into Trip-tunes, It is an FM modulator, my local dealer had one in stock, you still have to tune the radio and if you live in an area like i do, almost all the available stations are taken, and fm sounds like ***.

The only directlink I have found is the one made by PIE, the one linked to above. all it does is send audio, if you want to control your ipod or other peripheral, you might as well get an aftermarket deck, or feed through a secondary system like Trinity. I just dont personally like sticking stuff to my dash etc.

Also the one linked above is the cheapest I've seen yet.

As far as the 07 setup, it will work on th older decks, but the harness includes all the powerpoint and other electrical for the console, shiftlight for that a/t, p/b switch etc, When i priced it , it was about 300 wholesale.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: 05 aux port/ipod