Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traded my GTO and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:30 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Default traded my GTO and have some questions

Sold my 05 GTO for a new 06 silver 5-speed GT. Much happier with the Mustang! The GTO was a great car mechanically, but I got tired of looking at it pretty quickly.

Anyway, the car is silver and I really want it striped, but having trouble deciding what color would look best.

Would dark silver stripes or black stripes look better. I just cannot find any pictures dark silver stripes on silver.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Brent05Redfire

Default RE: traded my GTO and have some questions

in my opinion, another shade of silver as the stripes would look awesome. when i stripe my redfire GT, i will be striping it with torch red stripes, more than likely. subtle, but aggressive.

post pics when it's finished with the stripes.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brent05Redfire

in my opinion, another shade of silver as the stripes would look awesome. when i stripe my redfire GT, i will be striping it with torch red stripes, more than likely. subtle, but aggressive.

post pics when it's finished with the stripes.

I tend to agree, and I have seen Tungsten Grey w/ silver stripes and it looks really nice. I found a company that has a Tungsten Grey stripe kit, which would be the same effect on my silver. I might do it.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

I cant remember the site right off, but search the stripe threads, there is a site that lets you see the diff color stripes on your car. im actually down to 2 right now, black and windviel blue(yes sounds wierd but looks good)
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Psycho79
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Archion

I cant remember the site right off, but search the stripe threads, there is a site that lets you see the diff color stripes on your car. im actually down to 2 right now, black and windviel blue(yes sounds wierd but looks good)
I think this is the site your thinking of
http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html
Old 09-14-2006, 03:51 PM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

Blue stripes on silver!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:51 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Hey just so you know, take your GT and add a C&L Intake and Tune, Cat Back Exhaust, UDP, and a Pro 5.0 SHort Throw Shifter and the GT will blow the GTO out of the water! I bought my GT and kept getting stomped by my buddies 05 GTO, but I did those mods and now he's pissed he doesn't stand a chance!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one_focused_svt

Hey just so you know, take your GT and add a C&L Intake and Tune, Cat Back Exhaust, UDP, and a Pro 5.0 SHort Throw Shifter and the GT will blow the GTO out of the water! I bought my GT and kept getting stomped by my buddies 05 GTO, but I did those mods and now he's pissed he doesn't stand a chance!

I'll bet it does. I may do all you mentioned and 4:10's as well. The GTO had some good torque down low, but honestly stock for stock the GT is pretty close, maybe just a little slower. Nevetheless, I'm very happy.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:13 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

Sold my 05 GTO for a new 06 silver 5-speed GT. Much happier with the Mustang! The GTO was a great car mechanically, but I got tired of looking at it pretty quickly.

Anyway, the car is silver and I really want it striped, but having trouble deciding what color would look best.

Would dark silver stripes or black stripes look better. I just cannot find any pictures dark silver stripes on silver.

I bet that was the hardest decision you had to make in your life. I would still prefer the stang.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

What color is the interior? If it were me I'd try to get something that kind of matched or at least complimented the whole car.

Brent05Redfire, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of yours, I have debated stripes, but can't ever decide on a color I liked with the Redfire color.

Quick Reply: traded my GTO and have some questions