Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prius?!

Old 09-21-2006, 11:33 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Prius?!

I could believe the mustang race, who knows maybe the mustang was only running on 4 cylinders, but keeping up with a crotch rocket in first gear? BULLSH!T!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Hahahahahahahhahahhahahahaha. That ALL makes me laugh.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

I could pedal my bike faster off the line! What a joke!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Yes, this happens all the time. Here's the scenario: you pull up to the stoplight minding your own business and a Prius pulls up next to you. You're listening to the radio, or thinking about what you have to do at work and the light turns green. You accelerate away normally and you ASSUME the Prius next to you is doing the same, he is a few feet ahead of you as frequently happens when people are just driving normally from a stoplight. What you don't realize is that while you are nonchalantly puttering away from that light thinking about what you need to do that day, that Prius is pegged to the floor, the driver squeezing the steering wheel in white knuckled frenzy as he crawls his way towards the speed limit. Being a complete novice at this as most young Prius drivers are, he stupidly assumes a race is taking place. He gets back to his mommy's house and practically trips over the cat on his way to the computer to post about how he just creamed a Mustang from a dig [&:]
Old 09-21-2006, 03:18 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

That's EXACTLY what happens. That happened with me and an Audi TT the other day.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:19 PM
hunter306
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Yes, this happens all the time. Here's the scenario: you pull up to the stoplight minding your own business and a Prius pulls up next to you. You're listening to the radio, or thinking about what you have to do at work and the light turns green. You accelerate away normally and you ASSUME the Prius next to you is doing the same, he is a few feet ahead of you as frequently happens when people are just driving normally from a stoplight. What you don't realize is that while you are nonchalantly puttering away from that light thinking about what you need to do that day, that Prius is pegged to the floor, the driver squeezing the steering wheel in white knuckled frenzy as he crawls his way towards the speed limit. Being a complete novice at this as most young Prius drivers are, he stupidly assumes a race is taking place. He gets back to his mommy's house and practically trips over the cat on his way to the computer to post about how he just creamed a Mustang from a dig [&:]
Haha, yes, I would agree completely with that.

I've noticed the same guy in a crappy Mitsubishi Lancer (nothin special, not an evo or anything sweet) coming to work a few days in a row, he always rolls by like a bat out of hell and cuts in front of me... I'm assuming he wants to race. lol, I'm barely awake when I'm driving to work.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:34 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

I dont know, electric motors are instant torque. It might have us for the first 20 feet or so. What's that new little electric thingy that's like half a car wide, and does 0-60 in like 3 seconds. Like I said, pure torque right off the go. Once they hit 30ish it's gas engine vs gas engine, and they're basically a 4 cyl box hauling a ton of dead weight in the form of batteries.

Though that new lexus hybrid is supposedly reallllly badass, I'd love to see one in person. Toyota is at the top of the hybrid ladder, they have all the patents and knowhow to make it work.

As for who buys a prius, or any other hybrid, nobody in their right mind buys one. They lease them. I'd wait a good 10-15 years to see what mainainance is like on a hybrid before I owned one.

That bank of batteries has a 5-10 yr lifespan, IIRC, and must cost a BUNDLE to not only replace, but to properly dispose of the old ones.

I hate when people use the term "fuel economy" to describe them. They're good on fuel, but I see nothing economical about the setup (cost you $$$ in the long run).
Old 09-21-2006, 04:03 PM
SCS06GT
1st Gear Member

This poster didn't mention that the 5.0 was without a driver and was parked on the side of the street. NO WAY DID THIS HAPPEN!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:04 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I tend to agree.

Mebbe it was an old 4cyl Fox and he -thought- it was a 5.0?
Old 09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

are we really talking about a Prius on here...? Come on guys the little guys are laughing at us right now... getting us all worked up like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prius?!