Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a '06 Stang today but

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:36 AM
hugabone

Default Test drove a '06 Stang today but

I'm not sure if I would buy one with the automatic or manual trans. I test drove one with an auto trans but wasnt impressed with it when the passing gear kicks in. It would rev all the way up and then take off. Not quite what I want. The problem is noone seems to have a manual trans for the price I'm willing to pay. I got them down to 25100 for a 2006 premium but it was an auto and not the color I really want. Is 4g's a good price off sticker for year end? After haggling my trade allowance and the cost of the car, I still wasnt happy with the outcome. What should I expect to pay for an '06 premium GT?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Test drove a '06 Stang today but

4k off is a GREAT deal! However, I wouldn't trade a 5 speed manual for an Auto for even 4k. To me, an auto in a car like this just wouldn't make sense. As usual, to each his own.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:58 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

I got exactly what I wanted (27,400 - out the door = included with tax/license) and used the Xplan with 0% financing. Shop for what you want - it's out there.

Oh yeah...and go get a Xplan PIN - http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...8&showforum=45
Old 09-28-2006, 02:12 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

if what he wants is an '06 manual, i doubt there are any left.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Why not look at the manual Deluxe model? That way your not paying for the poor performance auto ($995),leather seats ($695), which you can then cover up with cool aftermarket covers at several places (can't find the link) nor that cr@ppy Shaker 500 ($665) which could be replaced later by a real stereo. Plus you wouldn't be financing those premiums. Base price on the Deluxe 2006 is $25,860 minus $1500 cash right now!
I just priced a deluxe 5 speed, Tungsten Grey/ light graphite for $24,555 with the Interior Sport Option and the rest standard equip. The rest of the GTs in those colors were all Auto but they had $1000 cash back until 10-02... did they make too many autos?

Even with all the traffic here in L.A. I plan on looking into a 5 speed should I buy another Mustang (Shelby GT or CS). Just gotta make sure my knee can take it.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 AM
hugabone

Thanks for the response. I will check today to see if I can locate any leftover sticks. I will also look into the x-plan for the 2007's.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 AM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

I personally just won't settle for an automatic transmission in a performance car. It is lilke hiring a prostitute that doesn't have a you know what.

Heck, even my pickup and my four door sedans have been manuals.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hugabone

I'm not sure if I would buy one with the automatic or manual trans. I test drove one with an auto trans but wasnt impressed with it when the passing gear kicks in. It would rev all the way up and then take off. Not quite what I want. The problem is noone seems to have a manual trans for the price I'm willing to pay. I got them down to 25100 for a 2006 premium but it was an auto and not the color I really want. Is 4g's a good price off sticker for year end? After haggling my trade allowance and the cost of the car, I still wasnt happy with the outcome. What should I expect to pay for an '06 premium GT?
[sm=badidea.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=lame.gif]

If you weren't impressed, and it's not quite what you want, and you're not happy with the outcome.... Maybe you failed the test drive JMO
Old 09-28-2006, 09:34 AM
BlackoutStang
1st Gear Member

Come on guys, don't just take the $1500 or 0%, you realize you're getting scammed right? If you tell them you need atleast x,xxx amount off, they'll do it within reason on an 06. I don't know if there's any left though, but if you only took $1500 off, you paid too much. All that "They'll be gone by next week, I can't give you more than this" and "Sorry, this is just a hot color/hot transmission, we can't keep them on the lot" stuff is BS. They gave me that line at Champion Ford on a Black 06 GT, told me it would be sold the next day if I didn't buy it, guess what? 2 months later, it's still there and I have a GT from elsewhere.

I ended up with $3500 off + 0% when I was looking for $5000 off + 0%, but oh well, still better than some people are making out with on prices.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:33 PM
hugabone

Too bad I wasnt looking to get the Stang a few weeks ago when they were 0/72 finance. Of course the salesman called me today and said he could get me a five speed cheaper than the price above but im looking for the whole package( special financing) but I know that will not be the case anytime soon. I am also looking into the X-plan as well.

Quick Reply: Test drove a '06 Stang today but