Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Invoice Price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 PM
texxas guy

Default Invoice Price?

New guy here. Long time Stang lover and about to get back into one. Great forum here. My question is this:
I am about to purchase or order a 07 GT premium. I know pricing will vary from market to market (I'm in Dallas-Fort Worth), but is it possible to get one at or near the Invoice price?
Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:19 PM
texxas guy

Default RE: Invoice Price?

Surely someone has to have an opinion. Tell me I'm friggin crazy or something??????????
I did try a search, but for whatever reason, not working for me.
Thanks.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Several things you need to consider when looking to buy a new car. One is how good of a negotiator you are and the second most importing thing is how many cars the dealer has in stock.

Typcially the more cars similar to what you want that they have, the easier it will be for you to negotiate. If you want a GT and they only have one or two but a ton of V6s then you will be fighting an uphill negotiation.

Go to kbb.com or edmunds.com build your car. Know what the options cost them and never start with what you're expecting to get them down to.

They have a list of 25K you have an invoice of 22.5K You're willing to pay 22.5K, don't start at that price. Start at 20K Stick to your guns and don't be afraid to walk away.

People always look at negotiations as a way to get what they want. That's pretty obvious, but you also have to look at what it takes to motivate the other party to give in to what you want. Win-win is the best negotiating strategy at least where you let them think they have a win.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

http://www.carprice.com/

That shows the invoice price.

The GT Premium has MSRP of $26,805 and an invoice of $24,714.
There is a sale going on now so you might get at least $1500 off the sticker.
Or if you can go for a 0% financing. Have them show you how much your financing costs would be if you don't qualify. It can be thosands more than the price of the car!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
KdF
1st Gear Member

If you order one , forget about invoice. You will pay sticker in texas.

You can try to get a X-Plan number from Blueoval.com forums and try to find a dealer willing to order on the X-plan. Best of luck!

Invoice pricing is usually reserved for stock that`s not moving , and October is the choice month for getting deals for the 06 model year , but forget about a standard , all thats left are automatics.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:56 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

Goto the Ford website and build your car-it will give you the MSRP price for YOUR car. Print it out and you will find that the prices here in DFW are identicle to the internet price.

I am working with North Central Ford in Richardson right now on ordering a Deluxe GT. They are willing to work with me and ordering is no problem for them (It will be difficult to find the GT Deluxe I am looking for). They said it will take 6-8 weeks after it is ordered to receive it.

If you are not in a rush-play the dealers against each other and get the best price...

Good Luck!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:15 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I offered the standard $500 over invoice, problem was this car was the only 5 speed that the three dealers in my county had. So needless to say, they wouldn't even consider that. However, they did go $800. under sticker. When I bought my superduty, I emailed all the dealers within 100 miles, getting quotes from them all, got some very competitive pricing that way. Good Luck...

Dave
Old 09-29-2006, 10:40 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

I was able to get an X plan pin from blue oval and the dealers here in Houston had no problem taking it. It put the price within a couple hundred dollars of invoice. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting close to invoice, there seems to be a lot of inventory on the GT's around here.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

I offered the standard $500 over invoice, problem was this car was the only 5 speed that the three dealers in my county had. So needless to say, they wouldn't even consider that. However, they did go $800. under sticker. Dave
This sound weird to anyone else???
Sounds like they asked you to pay$1300 less than what you wanted to!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:53 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

I ordered an O6 GT Premium at invoice on 12/31/05. It took a couple of months of email negotiations, but it worked. You have a better chance if you wait till the end of December. They're trying to reach year-end sales volume goals 'cause they get incentives if they do, so they're less concerned about profit and more concerned about quantity sold. That's what my sales guy told me anyway.

Quick Reply: Invoice Price?