Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeebus! Who here has a problem smoking tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Default Jeebus! Who here has a problem smoking tires?

I read a few complaints a while ago that these S197s won't burn out.

I was all stressed out from work and because I was late picking up my daughter and the guy in front of me at a light wouldn't move up two feet so I could get into the left turn lane to catch the light. Finally he moved up enough as my light was turning yellow. I was so pissed, I let it go and I smoked both tires down the left turn lane for at least 70 ft, without even trying. I felt stupid for doing it, and one guy that drove by me called me an *******, but he was right. I was ashamed.

BTW, I don't understand what the TCS is supposed to do, it sure didn't seem to stop that episode in the least.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Jeebus! Who here has a problem smoking tires?

The tcs is adaptive for the most part, it senses standard traction loss, unlike the old system which just sensed diff between the front and rear wheels. If you do a full throttle drop, the system takes a back seat and waits for you to stop having fun then reactivates, its there to help, if you are taking off on a slick surface, yes it will kick in, and even a little more moderate throttle, but the system does monitor many diff parameters to make its decisions, it is much more refined than the New edge sn95's.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:05 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I know i'm an ******* so I don't need anyone calling me one. I chase people down that call me names, they tend to shut up really quick when I catch them.

I only squeal tires when someone is blocking the road, like yesterday when someone was trying to turn down a one lane driveway and another car started coming out. So we had a mexican standoff while my *** is sitting in the road waiting for an 18 wheeler to end my life! Those people make me sick! If you are coming out the in then I will make you back up!

TCS can only do so much, but i've noticed that if I really lay the hammer down the TCS seems to give up for a few seconds.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Archion

The tcs is adaptive for the most part, it senses standard traction loss, unlike the old system which just sensed diff between the front and rear wheels. If you do a full throttle drop, the system takes a back seat and waits for you to stop having fun then reactivates, its there to help, if you are taking off on a slick surface, yes it will kick in, and even a little more moderate throttle, but the system does monitor many diff parameters to make its decisions, it is much more refined than the New edge sn95's.

Didn't see your post. I didn't know it was that smart, but I had a good feeling it knew when I want to spin the tires.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:19 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Hmmm. When the traction control is on, I cant even do a donut in the snow, much less a burn out on dry pavement.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:00 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Must be an automatic thing. I can slide my *** end all over the place with it on if I want to. I also have the Pirelli's which suck!
ORIGINAL: RED121572

Hmmm. When the traction control is on, I cant even do a donut in the snow, much less a burn out on dry pavement.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:12 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I can only spin one tire, but I plan to fix that with an LSD/3.73's [:-]
Old 09-30-2006, 03:24 AM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

Did my first lil burn today switch tcs off and light em up.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

my TCS is permanently disabled... and smoking tires? Thats just a bit of WOT away....
Old 09-30-2006, 11:47 PM
dsteber

Hmmm. I cannot smoke them unless I power brake it---06 Gt vert auto. And that's with the TCS and A/C off. Dunno why!

Quick Reply: Jeebus! Who here has a problem smoking tires?