Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default questions

well......

tonight in short, i don't feel like explaining the whole story so basically i downshifted and hit the rev limiter hardcore (was in 3rd downshifted to second) it felt like forever but it was probably only a milisecond of it banging off the rev limiter....

so i'm wondering, could that of possibly damaged my engine in any way at all?

also when im going about 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle (before the incident) and i hit a certain rpm range i get like a sudden boost of energy???? like VTECCCCCCCCCCC haha thats what my friend said when he felt it. could it be the brenspeed tune? it doesnt happen at WOT (or i havnt noticed it) and it only sometimes happens at 1/2 to 1/4 throttle, basically whenever im winding it out but not exactly going WOT.

any ideas?

also, when youre performing routine maintenance on the car, is there anything that needs to be lubed and such? alls i've done is changed the oil (7250 miles)

thanks for your input
Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: questions

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

well......

tonight in short, i don't feel like explaining the whole story so basically i downshifted and hit the rev limiter hardcore (was in 3rd downshifted to second) it felt like forever but it was probably only a milisecond of it banging off the rev limiter....

so i'm wondering, could that of possibly damaged my engine in any way at all?

also when im going about 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle (before the incident) and i hit a certain rpm range i get like a sudden boost of energy???? like VTECCCCCCCCCCC haha thats what my friend said when he felt it. could it be the brenspeed tune? it doesnt happen at WOT (or i havnt noticed it) and it only sometimes happens at 1/2 to 1/4 throttle, basically whenever im winding it out but not exactly going WOT.

any ideas?

also, when youre performing routine maintenance on the car, is there anything that needs to be lubed and such? alls i've done is changed the oil (7250 miles)

thanks for your input

1) I think you are OK .. why they put in the rev limiter.. just for that reason..

2) maybe that is where you are getting you most torque/HP at..??

3) at 7,250 miles.. I would lube the door ,hood hidges.. along with the battery with grease..
at 15K, I would put lube on the slide pins on the calipers.. might also want to pull the plugs just for the heck of it.. so they come out when you need them out..

just a couple of thoughts for ya..

again I think your engine is OK ...!!!!

Rex
Old 09-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default RE: questions

yeah i think i just barely bumped the rev limiter, id have to take you for a ride for you to feel it

it almost feels like im hitting boost, LOL

but i mean my father was telling me how he lubes the parts on the suspension and stuff, so i don't need to worry about any of that?