Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Lloydminster, stangs keyed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:27 AM
JasonB

Default Greetings from Lloydminster, stangs keyed

Hey all, so whats going down?

Been looking into getting a stang for a while so I went to the dealership on sat, after finding it(just moved here) it turns out some guy keyed something like 92 cars between the ford lot and the lot next to it.. and I guess he REALLY nailed the mustangs....

It was nuts, most of them are gone for painting but they have a few there still, man, keyed on every body panel, I cant stand people like that, wtf do they think they are proving.

Anyways, been thinking of ditching my current car, have a 05 modded hemi magnum I drive right now, she is a decent pull, never raced a stock gt, love to just to see where my car would hang Ive done a few stock charger daytonas and won bit but never raced a stang,

I no longer need the 4 doors or the rear storage, was usefull when I was going from hotel to hotel with work but now its just pointless.

Does anybody have any info about the Shelbys for canada? I asked around there but the main sales guys were gone or something and I didnt have time to stick around, Basically been trying to decide if I want to do the shelby way or the challenger way, both have plus points, got to say tho I -love- the look of the stang, and I double love the look of the shelby.

Later!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Saunders1986

Default RE: Greetings from Lloydminster, stangs keyed

from what i was told (have buddys in Lloyd) they were "stoned" not keyed... and the dealership cannot sell the cars as "new" anymore, so you would get a good deal. but would you really want a car thats alreddy been painted, and probly full of body filler? about the shelby, you can only get them at a svt dealership, and will pay close to 100 grand canadain. (looked into it)
Old 10-02-2006, 04:59 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

That is horrible to hear. Some people are just f***** up in the head. Why in the hell would you do that?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
JasonB

Hey guys.

It could have been a combo of stoned and keyed then, when I went to check out the stangs they had massive key marks on them, all body panels, and DEEP, like the guys used heavy screwdrivers or some ****, pisses me off.

I guess they got one of th eguys and are going to pressure him to giv eup the other, this town is wierd, really wierd, I dont think im staying here much longer then I have to, we have just stupid crime, like a guy getting robbed at -sword- point, lol wtf.

Anyways, If tghey cant sell them new ill have to look into that, i wanted to paint it a custom color anyways so its not that big of a deal.

I had -no- idea the shebys were that much!!! I had thought there were around the 50 mark,, 100 grand!!! WTF thats insane, I can get a vette or a viper for that price!!

Man, if they stay at that mark there is no way I will, maby they will drop once all the must haves have boughten it, because thats an easy 50k more then the srt-8 challenger will be!

I"ll have to swing by the ford dealer today and start talking deal, love to ditch the maggy for a mustang, magggy has been great and all, but I just dont need a wagon anymore, even if she has a hemi lol

Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Just get a GT and SC/turbo it (which ever you might prefer). You'll have a lot more in the bank afterwards and can get the same hp/tq desired. Personally I like the Shelby and am disappointed in it at the same time. I'm a man without a home.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Meph

Just get a GT and SC/turbo it (which ever you might prefer). You'll have a lot more in the bank afterwards and can get the same hp/tq desired. Personally I like the Shelby and am disappointed in it at the same time. I'm a man without a home.
Yes, blow it! My getting is getting a Kenne Bell SC installed as I write this. 7k total for the unit and the install. Much cheaper than the Shelby, and no dealer markup!!! Plus, it will stay even with Shelby, with 440 - 460 hp. The Shelby does of course have a 6 speed manual, which helps to keep it in the power band, and a beefed up suspension. But these are all things you can do and still come in under the price of a Shelby.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:22 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

OINK (referring to the Shelby).
Old 10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

I've heard of people doing this on purpose, so they can come back in a week and get a deal on a car they like.

A specific story I heard, with some veracity to it, is someone whofound a car he liked, came through at night, pinged it a few times with an air rifle (pellet gun), then came back to deal the next day - pointed out the bings and dings and got it for dirt cheap.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 PM
JasonB

LOL!!!
Thats insane, although kind of smart... but insane.. man its amazing the things people will do for a few bucks.

I'm just pissed they keyed em, I wanted to take a standard out for a spin and see how weel I can fit in her, probably going to have to mod the seat but It hink it will be worth it.

BTW a guy I know just bought a shelby, freaking 89 GRAND in canada...... they better drop or they are not going to be in the same class as the challenger and the camaro.... and both of those cars have something around 125 more hp on tap them the stock gt.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 AM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

Just moved from Lloyd to Edmonton (Beaumont) in August. Purchased my 06 GT vert from Boundary in July. Saw the Booster vandalism article on-line....thought how disgusting it was and glad it didn't happen when my vehicle was on the lot!

Quick Reply: Greetings from Lloydminster, stangs keyed