Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better mods for the money??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:33 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Better mods for the money??

Apparently you just love to argue with everyone. You must be the only person on the site with the true facts on the best of the best and which is the most proficient supercharger out there: https://mustangforums.com/m_1978740/tm.htm
So...... enjoy your turbo buddy. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Saleen S/C with C&L CAI: https://mustangforums.com/m_2014855/tm.htm
Saleen S/C with JLT CAI: https://mustangforums.com/m_2067724/tm.htm

Oh....and again....in case you have already forgotten.... I am getting one of those inefficient SALEEN SUPERCHARGERS!!!

[sm=closed.gif]
Old 10-08-2006, 10:46 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Good Luck pulling more than 20 psi on that s/c Remember something s/c's use hp to make hp. Not to mention I can stay at 8 psi for daily driving and have a high boost button my steering wheel for when I need all the boost. It is not about arguing it is about helping people and clarifying things up. The best example was the dodge magnun... quick?? thread. When someone posts that a mustang gt can beat a srt-8 magnum stock for stock I gotta clarify things up. Look for one post I have made where I have been defending a bad or wrong point? Most of my threads are back up by real #'s and real life experience/know how to unlike other people that post out of their A**. Again this is not referring to you in any way, just clarifying things up.

Att. Andrew
Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=joke.gif]

Here ya go genius. For the next couple minutes, educate yourself on the supercharger that I am getting. [sm=headbang.gif]

Who the hell wants to purposely try to push 20psi through a stock block and blow it up? I will "settle" for the 400 horsepower / 420 lb-ft of torque from a minimal 4-5 psi boost. If you have a block that can handle the 20 psi, and you want to run that risk, well congrats to you big guy! After you read that information below....we should be completely clear on the fact that I will have the numbers I want, at a safe level of boost, and from a supercharger that MOST people do not buy. And thats completely alright with me. The "few" of us with (or planning on purchasing) Saleen S/C will continue to be happy and enjoy the effects of our non-20psi handling kits.

Saleen Series VI integrated TwinScrew supercharger with two-stage water-to-air intercooling system.

A second cooler located in the airdam below the engine radiator assists the intercooler integrated into the supercharger assembly. compact, light weight and high efficiency - Essentially, the Saleen design integrates the previously separate intake manifold, blower housing/assembly and intercooler into one compact unit that nestles neatly into the valley between the heads. This allows for a much wider intake manifold.

The shape of the "snorkel" opening for the intake air tube is designed for maximum flow. And to maintain a constant volume of air as the air flows toward the rear of the engine, the housing widens and lattens-out over the engine. All bends are opened up to provide smooth airflow.

The blower assembly contains twin screws, which push 2300 cc of air per rotation As a result, the supercharger turns slower for equivalent boost, producing lower stress and lower air charge temperatures. The higher supercharger efficiency, along with the lower air charge temperatures, allows for an intercooler that is smaller, lighter and more compact and which has virtually zero pressure drop from inlet-to-outlet side.

It features an integrated bypass for low-speed running; when you are driving at low speeds and don't require boost, the bypass helps reduce heat buildup in the engine. The Saleen design provides for optimal runner length, resulting in more torque and better low-end drivability.

It features long, beefy downdraft runners with minimal bends for maximizing torque and horsepower. The new design provides a straight, direct shot into the cylinders which maximizes airflow.

This design is much more maintenance-friendly. It has only one sealing surface and you only have to remove the eight screws that bolt theair tube to the plenum for access to all of the blower components. The overall efficiency gains-in the engine, the supercharger and the intercooler-mean the Saleen supercharged 3V-V8 produces more horsepower and torque at a less stressful 4-5 psi boost - 400 horsepower, and 420 lb-ft of torque.

The Saleen-SC kit also includes benefits from a specific Saleen PowerFlash performance computer.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:42 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Yeap all that info must be true after all you did get it from saleen or was it a website that is selling that supercharger? While you are at it go to RPM Outlet and buy the S&B Intake because it does give 25 hp!!! that is more than c&l haha. BTW Who ever said 20 psi on a stock block? Just trying to help you that is all and remember for the future don't listen to biased sources, that is just like a sellsman they will tell you any bs to get you to buy their product. Dont know if you remember but when the lancer rally art came out the dealers said it would do 14.2 1/4 mile and it does more like 15.7 1/4 mile. Get some real info; ask around and you might be surprised. Like I said before my original post was to give you a heads up nothing else. As far as you making fun of my turbo, a turbo is much more efficient. You can control the boost, so you are not running max psi all the time. Another good point is that it does not take hp to make hp and the best one of all it does not make you break any belts unlike a s/c will do. Trust me you will remember me when you break your first belt going to work or going somewhere and you loose power steering, a/c, water pump.

Att. Andrew
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Can we get back to helping this guy out?
As I stated before the author of this thread wants to spend $500 NOT $5000. SO who cares what supercharger someone else thinks will or will not work with any given CAI? For 99% of all S197 Mustangs will not be running any type of superchager BUT the percentage of mustangs running some brand of CIA will be drasticly higher!
Only to shed some light; hows about 540 hp at just over 10psi boost with that ol crappy Saleen series VI supercharger. For now I'm still spinning stock internals, but if I can make it until the summer that'll be changed. Yes I understand, I'm right on the very edge of what our stock 4.6 is capable of! Am I spooling up the 6800 rpm? NOPE! But one thing for sure no matter how much money and or power I put into this thing someone somewhere is doing it quicker and cheaper either a different way or even the same way! Yes there are different brands of S/C running both more and less HP.. BUT WHO CARES! I like my changes I've done and I have gotten a lot of good info from this site and others so again how about we help this guy out. (Sorry I can't as I added my CAI WHEN I added my 100 pound anchor on top of my engine! 05SDI
Old 10-09-2006, 06:45 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Point well taken 05SDI and that is what my initial post was in reference too.

Sorry about the last few posts Sn00ganS1337. Whatever you decide, please let us know what you think about the changes made and post some pictures for us if you can. Good luck! These cars are a blast and everyone will achieve different results with different combos. Just like you did this time, make sure you ask for advice before spending the money on parts that dont work or post the gains that are advertised by the people trying to sell them. <-- good point there androdz
Old 10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I know I have always said do some research before pulling the trigger on anything. Also like I said before to the original poster it is all on what you want to car to be. Personally best 500$ spent would be an intake and sct combo but that would be more like around 600 but still a very good buy. The gains realized from changing the exhaust are quit minimal for the $ they cost but if you want it for the sound then that is understandable. The thing is you ask on which mods are the best and we dont know if you like more to go fast, look good, sound good or handle better you gotta specify haha. If anything just ask around a specific mod you are looking at they are lots of members that can help you with that. If you need help just pm me, I have seen almost every mod that can be made for a 05+ stang and if I have no idea I can point you in the direction to someone who knows about it

Att. Andrew
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM
daz72

hi
I too am in the market for a CAI.
but I live here in California. Any of you guys know which of these CAIs are street legal (C.A.R.B. approved) for CA?

from what I've read sounds like a 'tune' with XCal II or whatever is pretty much necessary with any of the CAIs - is it still street legal after the tune?
Or does the answer depend on how you tune it?

sorry for the dumb questions - i'm new to all this.
cheers
Daz
Old 10-10-2006, 06:43 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

you gotta check with each manufacturer to see. The tune wont really matter because you can put it to stock config when you go to get the certification for the car.

Att. andrew
Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 PM
tpafire5
1st Gear Member

What is a cmrc delete?

Quick Reply: Better mods for the money??