Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your quarter mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What are your quarter mile times?

the best I did was 14.2@96 but I was told my launches were crap and so were my burnouts
Old 10-15-2006, 03:41 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

I guess the next question (on everyone's mind) is whats the best launch technique? I'm very very impressed with this data. ZOMG next year is too far away!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Katmandu
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

the best I did was 14.2@96 but I was told my launches were crap and so were my burnouts
You do realize doing burnouts on STREET tires will make you loose MORE traction right ?

Street tires are NOT designed to get HOT and STICKY. [8D]
Old 10-15-2006, 08:01 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You are launching to hard. Your 60 ft. time is what killed your ET. You should be able to pull a 2.1 even on the stock Pirelli's.

ORIGINAL: ponyman

Okay, I just suck...That is all I have to say....Last night I ran my best a 14.49 @100.44mph....with a 2.32 60'

It was only my second time out with the pony....The first I kept going up in smoke...Last night I wasn't going up in smoke...just wasn't getting any launch....So maybe next time I find the happy medium???
Old 10-15-2006, 12:08 PM
flounderlipps
2nd Gear Member

Before you race (or go into the burn out box) you should apply some paste car wax (dont remove it till your done racing for the night) behind the rear tires.
It will make it easier to remove the rubber from your fenders
Old 10-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Katmandu

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

You do realize doing burnouts on STREET tires will make you loose MORE traction right ?

Street tires are NOT designed to get HOT and STICKY. [8D]
without a burnout it will spin off the line and do a 14.9@93
Old 10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Ya sorry but times posted on the internet without a time slip are BS, I dont care who says what they got. Ive got an auto with a 93 tune and a cai and Im running 13.6's I find it VERY hard to believe that a stock 5 speed is THAT much faster than an auto. I can believe .2-.3 but .6 ... no f*ckin way. Unless your *** has a 5 speed stripped out bone stock without spare tire, jack, shaker, and all your interior panels removed and drag radials aint now way.
I can post my slip, me vs an auto. My 8.8 vs his 9.5 in the 1/8th.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TMG

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Ya sorry but times posted on the internet without a time slip are BS, I dont care who says what they got. Ive got an auto with a 93 tune and a cai and Im running 13.6's I find it VERY hard to believe that a stock 5 speed is THAT much faster than an auto. I can believe .2-.3 but .6 ... no f*ckin way. Unless your *** has a 5 speed stripped out bone stock without spare tire, jack, shaker, and all your interior panels removed and drag radials aint now way.
I can post my slip, me vs an auto. My 8.8 vs his 9.5 in the 1/8th.
and I can post one of my time slips but I don't think you would want to see them
Old 10-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

my technique, worked okay. got a 1.99 with stock pirellis: i dont burn em down in the box, completely bipassed the water. if you're using a street tire, say bfgs or pirellis, you dont want to hit the water. the tread will hold onto it, and drop it at the line. this just makes it like launchin on a rainy day. bad news. pull around the water, spin the tires a bit, but dont hold on the the brake. just do a little peel out towards the line. no sense in burning down the tread. all you're trying to do is dust them off, get rid of the gravel you may have picked up on your way to the line. they SAY (for an auto) you can apply the brake and not spin untill you hit 2400 rpms. thats crazy first of all, and second, at that rpm your're going to spin offa the line. i put it at 13-1400 rpms. i popped offa the break and applied a quick, but not stomp, throttle. i've found you can work it to the point you can feel a little slippage, but you're not spinning right outta the gate. once you've got it rolling just keep her down. when i had a 5spd, i had problems working the clutch effectively enough to get below a 2.2 60 ft on street tires. of course im not a strong stick driver, and found an auto to be more consistent, if not easier to obtain higher times. obviously it worked okay but i have seen a 5 spd 05 gt with cai and tune hit a 1.84 60 ft time. amazing if you ask me. but he had to short shift and not hit 6200 rpms on his 2-3 shift. pulled off a 8.4 somthing. i was freakin blown away at how good of a driver he was. so its possible.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

the first few times I avoided the water completly and spun off the line and at half track and the times were bad
so then I tryed avoiding the water and doing a small burn to make sure they were dry but it still spun at half track
so I disided to burn out and was told the way it should be done on on this car is avoid the water then backup to it and burn out the tires then put up to the line and rev to about 2000-2400 and wait till the third amber and floor it

I was informed I didn't burn out the rear tires properly and I had left below 2K but I did manage a .17 R/T so with a better burn out the r/t could be droped and with a proper launch the E/T would drop

Quick Reply: What are your quarter mile times?