Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed Retune

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Default Brenspeed Retune

I am going to be adding some CMDPs and LTs in the next few months, so I was going to call Brenspeed to find out what it would cost to get retunned for these. I was thinking it would be fairly cheap, espicially since I have spend a alot of money there.

$110!!!! So every mod I do cost $110 more than the damn parts. I would buy the parts from him but he doesnt even sell the ones I want. It seems like my ***** are in a vise. This is rediculous.

A damn Dyno tune might be the route to go if the mail order tunes are this much.

Does anyone know how much Bamachips or Evolution would charge?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Brenspeed Retune

Oh well it happens, I dont understand why mail order tunes cost that much because they are sold almost to everyone, he just has the datebase from all the cars he has tested. They just probably rich it a little more to go on the safe side same with the timing just a bit. Over here a dyno tune will cost you around 150$

Att. Andrew
Old 10-09-2006, 03:46 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

$110? Are you sure about that?

I just got an updated tune for my CMCP delete and it was only $60.

Are you sure he understood that you wanted ONE TUNE with both mods in it? Or were you asking for two seperate tunes?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Yeah I cant beleive how much it was. I was thinking it would be like 20 or 30.

This is going to slow my modding down unless I can find it cheaper. I wont pay this per mod I will just wait till I have all my mods then buy 1 if I have to.

90$ CMDP now cost $200....

I understand that he wants to encourage people to buy the parts from them, and I would love to, but thier website doesnt have what I need.

Manly I am just ranting, and asking if anyone knows how much Evo or Bama would charge for a tune.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

I think the lady understood what I was asking. Maybe I should call back......

I am at work and I had someone walk up to my desk, so I had to be quick about it.....

$60 is still a alot of money when the part only cost 90, but I could prolly live with that.

All I need is my 93 oct tune updated for the plates. Then later I will need it for headers. Maybe she thought I wanted 2 tunes now (one with headers, one without). I was just wanting to know how much it would cost each time.

I am glad u mentioned this CrazyAI, I will definiatly call back.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

The $110 is for 3 updated tunes. Usually 87, 91, and 93. I just got the 3 tunes for my new C&L and it was $110 for all 3. You should call back and explain that you only want 1 tune.

Also, Bamachips is $75 for 1 tune or $185 for 3 tunes. So, the $110 from Brent is pretty cheap comparably.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:33 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I talk to Brent when I called Brenspeed and he told me that if I get my SCT from a local dealer, and not him, he would sell me (3) tunes for $110. He also told me that if I bought my SCT from him it would come with (3) tunes and if I bought my C&L and headers from him he wouldnt charge me for that tune!!!!!

So Im not sure who you talked to but I would suggest you speak with Brent directly. When I called, a chick answered the phone and when I asked her for help with an SCT she transfered me. All I can say is that Brent knew his ***t and that is where Im going to buy my future mods (just waiting on that good X-mas bonus check !!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Well the delimia is Brent doesnt sell everything I am looking for. But I beleive you guys are right. I think there was a mis understandment and she thought I wanted 3 tunes. I really just need 1 so I will be able to get it cheaper than the 110
Old 10-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I am planning to get an SCT2 from Brenspeed. I now have a K&N Aircharger CAI and Corsa mufflers. Later, I expect to get pulleys. Am I correct in assuming I won't need any additional tune for the pulleys?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

That is correct. You MIGHT want to raise the idle speed after the UDP install but that can be modified on your own very easily and is not a must.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Retune