Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CMCV delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:55 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CMCV delete

Are the CMC Plates pretty easy to in stall your self? I know you need to take the Intake Manifold off, and disconnect a some stuff, is that difficult at all? I've never done anything like that before...
Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Rench
1st Gear Member

Mine made it off the bench and went on the car tonight. I am using the Ford racing deletes with a Brenspeed 93 octane tune for this mod. Install took about an hour taking my time, install is easy, just pay attention to where everything goes. Did not disconnect any fuel lines, just pulled both fuel racks and put off to the side. Started the car after re-tune and idle was normal, about 1400 till warm up then dropped to 900/1000. Engine actually felt smoother, trust me, with the BMR K-member you notice smoother.
Took it out for a test run. Low end is better and top end is better. I have nothing negative to report from this mod. Definitely felt a seat of the pants improvement...............................I thought I may have made my last runs this year at the track but if I can get off work Friday I'll be at JDM day at Englishtown to test track performance.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a good way to pick up an easy 10 HP....Any loss of gas mileage?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

I plan to put mine in this weekend.

Can someone who has done it do this for me please? You must have a stick.

Let it slow down in 5th gear to 1000 rpm and then floor it. As it is now (pre CMCV delete) I can do this and it will pull from 1000 rpm at a steady rate building strength as it climbs.
I do not have any hickups or faultering at all. I would like to know if I can expect this after the install. Please do this and post up if you have the mod.
Thank you,
Russ
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gig4Fun

Let it slow down in 5th gear to 1000 rpm and then floor it. As it is now (pre CMCV delete) I can do this and it will pull from 1000 rpm at a steady rate building strength as it climbs.
I do not have any hickups or faultering at all. I would like to know if I can expect this after the install. Please do this and post up if you have the mod.
Thank you,
Russ
Why would you ever be at 1000 rpm in 5th? Just wondering...
Old 11-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

Thank you,
Russ

I wanted to see how much torque there was at that low of an rpm so a test could be devised to gauge against the CMCV delete. That is the "WHY". Surely it is not a way to drive.
Russ
Old 11-02-2006, 08:49 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

Thank you,
Russ

I wanted to see how much torque there was at that low of an rpm so a test could be devised to gauge against the CMCV delete. That is the "WHY". Surely it is not a way to drive.
Russ
Sounds like a good test. I have never been below about 1250 rpm in 5th, and have never floored it at that rpm, but to test low end torque I would like to see someone with the mod try what you have suggested. If it bucks I would like to hear at what rpm it does work smoothly.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:26 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Thank you,
Russ

Russ
LOL...Figured as much, just wanted to make sure you weren't a Drone junkie. [sm=smokin.gif]
Old 11-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

Thank you,
Russ

Russ
Can someone please do this for me? Please go out and post up how it runs!

Thanks,
Russ
Old 11-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Rench
1st Gear Member

OK Gig, the results are in..........

1000 RPM in fifth wll accelerate without bog.

I think I picked up about .05 to.07 on the track

Ran solid 12.6's today usually closer to 12.7's with an occasional 12.6, not anymore.

Ran in to heavy traffic alot today as well as normal driving plus some highway time, no issues at all..........

Quick Reply: CMCV delete