Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some competition for the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 AM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Some competition for the Stang

And besides... All rude comments aside, why is this thing in a bra and diapers?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:06 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

those are spy photos its in the testing stages it actually has very little disguise on it. i remember seeing ford fusion car painted like a cow when it had spy shots
Old 10-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I like it. But my god look at those exhaust tips!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:40 AM
tadi
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: celenztah

Speed, specs, power and price it has.... but Mustang competition? It hasn't the heritage or the heart.
It's a Skyline. It has plenty of heritage.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I guess it is competition... the same way the Viper, Vette, 911 Turbo, etc all are... much more expensive cars that go faster.

For us "yokels" that are not up on the Skyline's "heritage" what is it? I don't think Nissan, (sorry, Datsun) was building the Skyline in 1964 were they?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Sorry but I don't know what planet some folks are but here on Earth when we talk of "competition" we usually mean a car with a similar price tag to the Mustang. It is not only incredible naive to compare a GSR, GS or Skyline or whatever it's called with the Mustang but it's financially moronic when they are at least $10,000 more expensive!
You want to compare? Stay away from cars that are in the Luxury Car category. It's all about money.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 AM
csaclint

actually the skyline goes back to 1957. the skyline gtr has been a performance icon in much of the world for many years, and has only recently gained fame in the U.S. has a result of the import and drifting scene taking off. I don't think anybody will ever cross shop the GT-R and the Mustang, They're simply not in the same class. They are definetly aiming at the Viper/Corvette/911 audience with this car, and while i am biased (love nissan, hate chevy) i think this one might put a scare in the Z06.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

+1 with some of the above statements.

Any car that is going to cost around 60K-75K is not competition for a Mustang. Not even the GT500 if you take into account what the GT500 SHOULD cost.

This car is going after Vettes, Vipers, Porsche, etc.

The imports that I believe directly compete with a Mustang GT are the 350Z/G35, S2000s, Eclipse GTs, etc.

Even the STis and EVOs might be pushing it considering their cost, and in a lot of ways EVOs and STi are more in competition with each other than anything else.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:37 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Its nice............but its rice.

Waiting on the new Dodge Challenger to come out.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:47 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Sorry but I don't know what planet some folks are but here on Earth when we talk of "competition" we usually mean a car with a similar price tag to the Mustang. It is not only incredible naive to compare a GSR, GS or Skyline or whatever it's called with the Mustang but it's financially moronic when they are at least $10,000 more expensive!
You want to compare? Stay away from cars that are in the Luxury Car category. It's all about money.
oh, it will be more than that dude. the OLD supras are just now in ur price range (mid90s turbo edition). you wont be seeing many of these things around (supra or skyline) as they will be for the oddball richass who decides he doesnt want a porsche. aside from that, you guys have a very stout platform to work from. a little bit of work and u wont have to worry much about these guys. all the good things seem to come in 3s [>:] 3 valves.... 3-link..... 3*10^1 thousand $ [&:].................................................. ........

Quick Reply: Some competition for the Stang