Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Grill Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:12 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Billet Grill Question

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: raptorkingcobra

ORIGINAL: 2007gt

If this is what your looking for I got mine from Cervinis.com:

I would personally like this grill with the holes/mounts for the fog lights. Anyone know where I can get one like that, that is not an overlay?
Theres a few of us searching for a replacement for the honeycomb grill that leaves the fogs. We havent found one yet but Ill add you to the list of people I notify if I find one.
I buy a lot of stuff from these guys, www.latemodelrestoration, and I came across this grille that I was looking at for my car. I know absolutely nothing about the manufacturer but the grille looks pretty good!!

Link: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS

Hey Stowe thanks alot! Im definately going to look into that! If this really is a replacement and not just an overlay then you are simply amazing (well youll still be amazing even if its an overlay but you get my point)!

It actually looks like it has clips at the bottom to connect into the slots like the stock one and the cervinis so, its possible that its a replacement. Im going to email the company and ask them if they know.

*Edit: After looking at the picture on their website Im thinking its not a replacement because it comes in 3 pieces. When I first saw it the picture was small so I didnt notice that.. I dont think they would offer a replacement grill that comes in 3 pieces because there would be no structural integrity to the grill and it would be hard to even keep the fog lights in there especially at any kind of speed. Im still emailing them to make sure though.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:16 PM
raptorkingcobra
1st Gear Member

I thought I had seen it somewhere, just could not find it again. I buy a lot for the Fox from 50resto/latemodelrestoration. Thanks Stowe and bl1nkage let us know what you find out.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:16 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raptorkingcobra

ORIGINAL: 2007gt

If this is what your looking for I got mine from Cervinis.com:

I would personally like this grill with the holes/mounts for the fog lights. Anyone know where I can get one like that, that is not an overlay?
Theres a few of us searching for a replacement for the honeycomb grill that leaves the fogs. We havent found one yet but Ill add you to the list of people I notify if I find one.
I buy a lot of stuff from these guys, www.latemodelrestoration, and I came across this grille that I was looking at for my car. I know absolutely nothing about the manufacturer but the grille looks pretty good!!

Link: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0%201&comp=LRS

Hey Stowe thanks alot! Im definately going to look into that! If this really is a replacement and not just an overlay then you are simply amazing (well youll still be amazing even if its an overlay but you get my point)!

It actually looks like it has clips at the bottom to connect into the slots like the stock one and the cervinis so, its possible that its a replacement. Im going to email the company and ask them if they know.
Cool, cool....hey let me know what they say; save me a phone call
Old 10-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Fambaa
2nd Gear Member

I personally love the headlights...it gives its distinct looks when comming down the street. Also when its dark and the lights are on... you know its a mustang cause no other cars have a setup like that one so you know hey there goes a mustang...

Plus not to diss anyone but i dont see why people would want there car to look like a V6 if they have a GT. Dont you want people to know its a GT. I guess if you like it you like it but...its just not for me. I do like the billet but i would keep the lights.

They have the billet with the fogs here bl1nkage

Dont know if its an overlay though

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-m...grille-gt.html
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I'm not too big on the billet grill look.......I think it would take away some of the aggressiveness to the front of my black GT. I have no plans as far as aftermarket grills for now, but if I was gonna do something different to the front of my car, the Saleen front facia/grill would be it (minus the Saleen badge of course): Just looks mean as hell on black cars.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/6AFCB7F8B0424139A16E2ABF6FE7550E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/FA36C3D33B15438F804837991D9A0A5B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/432015073AEA4FC8BB52A2BE59FE6E3B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/0F15F585D7EB4E2EAD1003E044E31DAF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Well I got an email back from Latemodelresto and they confirmed that it is just an overlay grill not a replacement.. so now it looks like Im still in search of one. Very quick response from them I must say, and I mentioned that there wasnt a description of the grill on the website and he said there will be by the end of the day.. sounds like a good company to deal with.

As far as wanting to hide your GT... thats what I plan on doing.. I am taking all my emblems off and the badge in the rear eventually. From the sides and back I want my car to look like just a Mustang and even considered taking the fogs out and going totally stealth but I like those too much.. wish there was another way.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the update Bl1nkage.......question....I have had billet grilles in all my previous vehicles (they were trucks of course) so Im totally a billet grille gal........tell me what you think the disadvantage is with an overlay verses a true replacement??? just curious because Im still looking at that grille.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:52 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the update Bl1nkage.......question....I have had billet grilles in all my previous vehicles (they were trucks of course) so Im totally a billet grille gal........tell me what you think the disadvantage is with an overlay verses a true replacement??? just curious because Im still looking at that grille.
Well, Im not really sure there is a problem with using an overlay. Lots of people have them already and love them... I just think that Im a really **** person when it comes to my car and I have to have things the way I want or I wont be happy. I just dont want to be able to look through my billet and see the black plastic honeycomb behind it. Plus I have a feeling that bugs and stuff will get caught on it but then it will be too hard to clean so theyll just stay there making it even more visible. I also have the Aggressive chin spoiler so once I do find a replacement billet Im going to buy 2 of them and have a shop cut me one for the bottom openeing and see how I like it.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:04 PM
raptorkingcobra
1st Gear Member

Well I got an email back from Latemodelresto and they confirmed that it is just an overlay grill not a replacement.. so now it looks like Im still in search of one. Very quick response from them I must say, and I mentioned that there wasnt a description of the grill on the website and he said there will be by the end of the day.. sounds like a good company to deal with.
They are a class A act at Latemodel restore. I have always been 100% completely satisfied with all of my orders from them.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:11 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Well thanks for sharing....I understand the **** part........I live with (3) men who could be your twinkie.....my 18-yr old is the worst with his 02 GT, Im not even allowed to drive it, WTF right?? lol Anyway, appreciate your POV!!!

As for 50Resto, I totally have to agree with ya raptorkingcobra. I have never had a problem with those guys and the only time I ever did, they made it right and took care of me. Have got to appreciate that for sure!!!! We even order stuff for our trucks from them. So, KUDOS to 50Resto!!! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Billet Grill Question