Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Addicted

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 AM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

Default I'm Addicted

I have a confession to make. I bought my car in June and have already dropped thousands of dollars on it. An audio system ($1,000), remote start and alarm ($600), tints ($200), tuner and cold air intake ($700), exhaust ($1,000), floor mats and interior dressup ($200). I thought I was going to stop for awhile, but now I am looking at suspension components ($1,000), headers ($1,000), gears ($500) and I have been browsing SUPERCHARGERS ($6,000!).

Before this, I drove a 180 HP family sedan. Now, my Mustang doesn't feel fast enough. I want it faster. It isn't different enough (way to many Mustangs on the road), so I want it to look different. I love the idea of the Shelby front-end conversion. That's another few thousand. I spend a good hour every night on these damn forums reading, researching, planning....I could drop another eight grand on my car, and I would probably be back on these forums the next night, looking for my next mod.

When does this end? The good news is I am young and single and make good money for my age, but I still feel very irresponsible to be dropping so much money on a car. Some of my friends are married and have houses. I am married too, but to my car.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Addicted

you only live once. have fun while you still can, BLOW IT ALL ON THE STANG!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: JGT

I have a confession to make. I bought my car in June and have already dropped thousands of dollars on it. An audio system ($1,000), remote start and alarm ($600), tints ($200), tuner and cold air intake ($700), exhaust ($1,000), floor mats and interior dressup ($200). I thought I was going to stop for awhile, but now I am looking at suspension components ($1,000), headers ($1,000), gears ($500) and I have been browsing SUPERCHARGERS ($6,000!).

Before this, I drove a 180 HP family sedan. Now, my Mustang doesn't feel fast enough. I want it faster. It isn't different enough (way to many Mustangs on the road), so I want it to look different. I love the idea of the Shelby front-end conversion. That's another few thousand. I spend a good hour every night on these damn forums reading, researching, planning....I could drop another eight grand on my car, and I would probably be back on these forums the next night, looking for my next mod.

When does this end? The good news is I am young and single and make good money for my age, but I still feel very irresponsible to be dropping so much money on a car. Some of my friends are married and have houses. I am married too, but to my car.
After you wrap the car around a pole, thats when it ends...
Old 10-13-2006, 02:27 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JGT

Um... you sound like me... alot. Just be glad you can afford the mods you have planned out. I have a list.. waiting.. And its not a bad thing to spend money on your car, theres no one else to spend it on but yourself so why not?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:34 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I spend a good hour every night on these damn forums reading, researching, planning
Only an hour??? lightweight....
Old 10-13-2006, 02:39 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

I spend a good hour every night on these damn forums reading, researching, planning
Only an hour??? lightweight....
Yeah exactly, I seemed to miss that part lol, cause I would have definately said something about it. Unfortunately Im probably one of the bigger post ****** on here.. Im ALWAYS on here looking/reading/researching stuff. When Im not at school or driving my car, guarenteed you can find me here.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:05 AM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

hahah you're always here blinkage (which is a good thing). As soon as I get home from work I start by looking at this board.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Well you always could be investing those thousands of dollars in the stock market or buy bonds, you know, something that will be worth MORE in the future?
I just was looking at some used cars and saw that the ones getting the highest prices were the stock ones. Something to think about.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:29 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Well you always could be investing those thousands of dollars in the stock market or buy bonds, you know, something that will be worth MORE in the future?
I just was looking at some used cars and saw that the ones getting the highest prices were the stock ones. Something to think about.
I noticed that too when looking for an older car to make into a track car. Not that I planned on ever selling my 06, but I have every stock part Ive replaced in boxes in the top of my garage, just in case I were to ever need them.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:51 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Your detox is to ride your car and have plenty of pics on this site...

Quick Reply: I'm Addicted