Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Addicted

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Addicted

you sound like me.. but the only difference between you and I is, you are walk to walk but i am just talk to talk
Old 10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad you started this thread. I was going to post one called "Help: I can't stop flogging my brand new 07 Mustang GT!" It's bone stock. I jump on the forums and read about the mods I'm considering, google the ones I want more info on, then get in my car and wind it out. I take exits and on ramps just at the edge of tire squeal. I've been hunting parking lots for one that's open and isolated enough for me to really throw the car around and learn it's adhesion dynamics. I take on ramps at WOT. I cruise the highway in 4th gear so I can goose the throttle for my own aural entertainment during lane changes. When guys at red lights give me a thumbs up, I can't help popping the clutch for a quick tire roast. I don't race and don't slalom throught traffic, but give me some room and I will flog my car. I feel like a jerk. IT'S MY FIRST NEW CAR AND I DRIVE IT LIKE A RENTAL! I think I might be chilling out, but then I do it again. I'm sick. Addicted. I should have bought a used Taurus. I want to modify it, but I know that increasing it's performance will just make me more demented. The base GT does everything so well, it makes me tingly all over. Thank god I'm broke.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
jpeng16990
1st Gear Member

You guys all have serious problems... like me and its called notenoughhorsepowerlexia. Seroius condition that progresses through the years as income goes up. Ive had two v6 mustangs before this one and I just knew that once I bought my 05 I wouldnt need to do anything because i would be happy. Well, I was happy but then I just did one mod. And then another. And then another. Now im looking for 18 or 20 inch tires, a vortech or kennebell SC, a chin spoiler and finally if i keep this up a good divorce lawyer <---jk(i hope). But hey, you only live once so why not? Could be worse, I could be spending it on booze like this guy ---> [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:27 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

I should pay whoever started this thread what a good shrink would charge... I really really believed that something was wrong with me for wanting to dump every last dime I have on the stang. First it was the rims, then it was the navi system, now it is the tune and C&L, a new front fascia and perhaps a cam package from Brenspeed and some tockico d-specs, and everyday my mind is always wondering what next... People say that the first step to recovery is knowing that you have a problem... Hi, my name is Jordan and I am addicted to modding my mustang.... (group says in unison) Hi Jordan....

Maybe together we can fight this illness... who am I kidding, I'm at work on the forum about to look for some more ideas right now...lol.

Its good to know that if I am crazy, at least I'm not alone!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/30670/1CCDDFC8298347B1B16912E9456B0EA1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:55 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Let's not talk about money spent!

I'll just say I had to go get a new car for my wife because 'mine' may have just gotten out of hand with the upgrades.....
And I'll be darned if I haven't been scoping out superchargers for hers too lol (already went the suspension and 20's on hers too)

DAMN MUSTANGS!
05SDI
What SC are you scoping out?

Check out http://www.kennebell.net

Sherwood, I went with the Saleen VI with JDM tune and goodies (somewhere arouns 540) on the GT. The wifes car is a V6 so I'm thinking procharger as it looks like I can get right @ 350+ chp pretty easily (and safely!) The sad news is I just 'woke' my sleeper GT up.. details to follow but I just ordered parts to make some cosmetic changes! I guess if I'm going to run the part I better look the part ..... So the V6 S/C is on hold until next summer and haven't decided what body kit to go with yet!

Oh and if you guys want to get the FEVER real bad, just go out and pick yourself up another Mustang...... 05SDI
Old 10-13-2006, 05:25 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

I'm glad you started this thread. I was going to post one called "Help: I can't stop flogging my brand new 07 Mustang GT!" It's bone stock. I jump on the forums and read about the mods I'm considering, google the ones I want more info on, then get in my car and wind it out. I take exits and on ramps just at the edge of tire squeal. I've been hunting parking lots for one that's open and isolated enough for me to really throw the car around and learn it's adhesion dynamics. I take on ramps at WOT. I cruise the highway in 4th gear so I can goose the throttle for my own aural entertainment during lane changes. When guys at red lights give me a thumbs up, I can't help popping the clutch for a quick tire roast. I don't race and don't slalom throught traffic, but give me some room and I will flog my car. I feel like a jerk. IT'S MY FIRST NEW CAR AND I DRIVE IT LIKE A RENTAL! I think I might be chilling out, but then I do it again. I'm sick. Addicted. I should have bought a used Taurus. I want to modify it, but I know that increasing it's performance will just make me more demented. The base GT does everything so well, it makes me tingly all over. Thank god I'm broke.
LOL ..definately +1 to this
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 PM
phrkshw
2nd Gear Member

my "list" is about $30K+ worth i think. i created a thread with it a while ago. some things have changed. most havnt. a KB SC is in there. full suspension, heads, headers, exhaust, brakes, wheels etc...

im doing it bit by bit. I have a good deal of money saved for it, ive just yet to start. I CANT WAIT!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Yes, Kenne Bell rules all others!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

Hi. I'm Nick and I'm also addicted to modding my Mustang.

This entire thread is cracking me up. Very funny posts, but like you've all said, we're sick and demented and addicted and we MUST help each other through these pains. I must say that I'm not AS sick as most of you guys yet because I've only added a few cosmetic mods (wheels, tires, billet accessories, etc), but I think I'm washing the paint off of her and can't get my mind off thoughts of "what next?". Soooo, I can definitely relate to all of your "internal battles". Despite my own daily battles in my head while driving to and from work -- when I tell myself repeatedly that I love her the way she is and I need to quit spending (I've only owned her 4 months!) and I need to wait until after the warranty expires before doing anything mechanical -- I just KNOW a CAI and tuner is right around the corner, and then exhaust, and then....Lord knows what's next!

My wife has told me more than once that I should buy stock in Meguiar's and also that she thinks I love my car more than her, and I know if I spend money on a CAI right now, she'll castrate me! What to do....oh, oh, oh, what to do?

Nick
Old 10-14-2006, 05:11 AM
jpeng16990
1st Gear Member

you know silencer, my wife thinks as well that i love my car more than her... I tell her honey: "its a different kind of love, it doesnt mean i love you any less." I am totally pushing the edge now with all the mods. I went on to buy some silverstars to hold me over until i buy projectors and she wasnt a big fan of that to say the least. Hmm, Im wondering how to approach the whole SC thing with her? I mean what's an extra 5K right? [sm=devilangel.gif]

Quick Reply: I'm Addicted