Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Kooks Exhaust question

Just to clear the air about the GMS headers...THR is still on top!!!

After much confusion, a phone call and a couple of emails....Here's the scoop from GMS:

Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 7:53 PM
To: 'AlexP'
Cc: ealdrete@granatellimotorsports.com
Subject: RE: 05+ LT Headers

We use the same CATs as Dynotech – Our headers are not $595.00 - who has them for that price? They are

GM-EH0507 2005-07 Headers, Long Tube, 409 SS, 1 3/4", 3/8" Flanges - Mustang GT/ $1,496.66
Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
radtexas

Here is the reply I just got as well.

NO – This price is WAY WAY off – please call Morgan 805-486-6644

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 11:22 AM
To: feedback@granatellimotorsports.com
Subject: Please confirm website has correct info. for your product.

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/prod...54&l=2&mk=Ford
There has been much confusion about if price is true with correct product as well.

Regards,

Robert
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Hey I gotta a quick question for any of yall, do yall know if the SLP LM'S work with the Kooks set up?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: scramblr

Just to clear the air about the GMS headers...THR is still on top!!!

After much confusion, a phone call and a couple of emails....Here's the scoop from GMS:

Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 7:53 PM
To: 'AlexP'
Cc: ealdrete@granatellimotorsports.com
Subject: RE: 05+ LT Headers

We use the same CATs as Dynotech – Our headers are not $595.00 - who has them for that price? They are

GM-EH0507 2005-07 Headers, Long Tube, 409 SS, 1 3/4", 3/8" Flanges - Mustang GT/ $1,496.66
Wonder why he told you they were 409 SS when the web site says 304SS?

As far as what the other web site had them listed for, well all I can say is you better hurry. I finally got an email back from motorweb saying that the kit did in fact include headers, cats, X pipe, O2 extenders, gaskets, and bolts. Everything in the picture. So I called the guy back and said "Are you 100% sure that it includes everything in the picture?"
He said absolutely sure. I had one of my guys open the box and check what all was in it. I said do you in fact have it in stock or will it have to be ordered and drop shipped from GMS? He said it was in stock and would come direct from them. Ok... so let me make triple sure, is the price in fact $509 as listed on your web site? Yes. OK, so to finalize, I am ordering part number GM-EH0507 off of your web site for $509, and it includes headers, cats, X pipe, O2 extenders, gaskets, and bolts, right? He said yes, all of that is correct. So I whipped out the credit card and ordered right on the spot. 10 minutes later I get the confirmation email saying the order has been accepted and is being processed and I will get another email within 2 days telling me tracking info. Yea, they have a couple of days to catch the mistake I guess, and if they do I will cancel and order the Kooks set that the GP is happening on. But if it goes through... WooHoo! I looked at the web site tonight to send someone else the link and the picture is no longer up, but they are still listed for the same price with the same part number. I suspect that it won't remain that way very long.

This is almost as much fun as when Kragen Autoparts screwed up and listed HT0 spark plugs for 2 bucks a piece. I have no idea how many sets they sold, but the mistake went up on a weekend. Anything that got ordered on line before they caught the mistake was processed and shipped. I personally bought 8 complete sets, and know quite a few people that bought a minimum of 4 sets. But first thing Monday morning when people saw all the web orders that had been processed the site price changed back to 10 bucks a piece and anyone that ordered late got their order canceled.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:00 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

GMS told me they had both for the same price, that 409SS is better for exhaust but that people want 304. Oh yeah, he also told me that the picture on the web site above is a Kooks set up that GMS was selling in 2005. So either way, whether it's GMS or Kooks, for that price you're getting a hell of a deal!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: scramblr

ORIGINAL: hawgman

GMS told me they had both for the same price, that 409SS is better for exhaust but that people want 304. Oh yeah, he also told me that the picture on the web site above is a Kooks set up that GMS was selling in 2005. So either way, whether it's GMS or Kooks, for that price you're getting a hell of a deal!!!!
Well, again someone is pulling your leg. 409 SS is softer and not nearly as corrosion resistant as 304SS. Plus 409SS will turn just from being exposed to the atmosphere. You DON'T want 409 SS for headers.

As for the pictures, the picture they have on their web site looks NOTHING like Kooks headers.

Kooks
[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/C2B3C1607BEA4CC28BBF829B748A8F52.jpg[/IMG]

Picture from GMS web site.
[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/C48EB3A5FA9144FDB9AA4507317D5D81.jpg[/IMG]

If you ask me, it looks more like Dynatech or "maybe" Stainless works. Looks NOTHING like Kooks.

See, this is just one more reason why I don't care for GMS. Not a single thing they have told you is accurate. Trust me, if it weren't for the price I would not even be looking at these.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Man this is making me think maybe I should pull the trigger on the GMS headers. It all just seems to cheap though. Also some sites are calling them Mid Length. That makes me wonder how good they are aswell.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:20 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

As of right now the GMS headers are Vaporware. They don't exist.

I assure you that the photo posted on GMS's web site is a Dynatech set.

In one other recent thread someone posted the Email response they got back from GMS. The Email says the $500 price is wrong, they are going to be $1495 when they are coming out.

The same Email says that they are using Dynatech cats but their own header design. However, when I called them last week, the guy I got on the phone said that everything is their own design.

Motorweb told Hawgman that they had the headers in stock. But Granatelli told me last week on the phone that they hadn't even started shipping them to dealers yet, and they wouldn't be shipping until mid-to-late November!

These guys don't know what the heck is going on! Stick with something that has been established/proven.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Yeah your right, and I know it. I am just SOOOO CHEAP. lol. I'll stick to the Kooks or Dynatech.

I can get the Kooks much cheaper than Dynatech though, so ATM I am still searching for 100% conformation that the Kooks will clear the CHE K Member Brace with Torque Limiters. If it cant I will pony up the money and get the Dynatech.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Oh believe me, I totally understand. I haven't had any bad dealings with GMS, but have read plenty of horror stories and even read quite a few of their posts. For me, Kooks is the way to go. I really hope it works out for you Hawg!!!

Quick Reply: Kooks Exhaust question