Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:31 AM
radtexas

Default Kooks Exhaust question

This is in reference to the group buy.

1. Anyone have a sound clip of it? Looks like the package stops at the axle so will it sound any good on stock axle back?
2. Anyone else running them and how hard are they to install. (I have 07 GT)
3. Was looking to get something like Pypes O/R H-pipe, C&L Racer, & XCal II from Brenspeed this Christmas. The O/R gives 8 more HP and with the other modes I would estimate around 35-40 rwhp with these gains on 93 oct tune. Kooks claim 20-25 gain, so would I get maybe 45-50 more hp from the Kooks over the O/R "H"?

Would love some opinions from those that have used these setups. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Kooks Exhaust question

A couple of comments:

First off, you can't mix-and-match brands of midpipe and headers. If you get the Kooks headers ,you need a kooks midpipe. It should be part of the package deal.

Also, if you add the Kooks headers & midpipe to your car I would expect a 15-25 RWHP gain. I have installed several sets of longtubes (including a Kooks) and the HP numbers were all right around 20. You'd be looking at about 50 HP total with all your mods (Tuner, intake, header setup).

They are not "hard" to install. But the install is time consuming. Expect 5-6 hours for the average mechanic.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:02 AM
radtexas

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

A couple of comments:

First off, you can't mix-and-match brands of midpipe and headers. If you get the Kooks headers ,you need a kooks midpipe. It should be part of the package deal.

It was an either/or post not that I was thinking of mixing. Either go with the O/R H-pipe or the Kooks group buy setup.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
radtexas

I just noticed that the Granatelli Header/cats are on one site $510 compared to the group price for the Kooks.
Both are T-304 SS. Both claim same results and should be equal. I know Kooks is top in name but has anyone had any dealings with Granatelli? They install okay? Any problems?

Anyone got any sound clips of these with stock mufflers?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:56 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: radtexas

I just noticed that the Granatelli Header/cats are on one site $510 compared to the group price for the Kooks.
Both are T-304 SS. Both claim same results and should be equal. I know Kooks is top in name but has anyone had any dealings with Granatelli? They install okay? Any problems?

Anyone got any sound clips of these with stock mufflers?

Post a link to where you are seeing the GMS LTs and catted X pipe for $510.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:01 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

I too am interested at that price.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:38 PM
radtexas

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/prod...54&l=2&mk=Ford

If you get them you have got to tell me how they go on and how they perform.

Never heard of the guys on the website though. Buyer beware maybe? They even have payment plans and 90 interest free for over $500 purchase.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:40 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I am on the phone with them right now. There seems to be a bit of confusion at the moment as to whether or not it is in fact the entire kit or just the headers. I am thinking once they dig deep enough it will end up being headers only. But I am going to try to bust them on the part number cross referencing to the entire kit at GMS's web site and see if they will sell the entire thing for the web price. If so, even as much as I dispise JR, I will buy the kit. If it is just the headers, then I am going to hit up the Kooks group buy.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:48 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

He took my number and will be calling me back. He said that he kept getting put on hold by his product guys at GMS. I'm thinking that it is going to end up either being a wrong price, or just headers.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:17 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

What's throwing this off is the picture they used. I don't even see where JR sells a complete kit, did I miss it? The headers in the picture don't even match the headers on JRs website. And the X-pipe doesn't match either.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...0507Asmall.jpg

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/_lib...0/104060-l.jpg

Quick Reply: Kooks Exhaust question