Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY!! CUSTOM EXHAUST DONE!!! *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Default FINALLY!! CUSTOM EXHAUST DONE!!! *PICS*

Well, after Months of trying to get to my Pypes X-pipe on and possibly changing the Mufflers out, I finally Got it done!! And all I can say is WOW I had the X-pipe installed, with glasspacks installed in mid-placement of the car, and ran straight pipe out the axle back. MY GOD the sound is INCREDIBLE!!! surprising though, in my quest for loud, this set-up is actually quiter then my flowmaster set-up, you really can't hear it at all under 2500 RPM, but after 2500 rpm and when getting on it, it just comes ALIVE!! it has a hollow, sport/muscle car type of sound. very unique, very Awesome!! The exhaust note is smooth and solid through the entire rpm range. Performance wise was also beyond my expectations. Low End Torqure Gain is sick!!, actually this was the first thing I noticed as well as the sound . Hopefully, I will be able to post a sound clip tomarrow, for some stupid reason I couldnt access my putfile account [:@], so I sign up at streetfire, waiting for activation [:'(] (Oh yeah, one word of advice, the Pypes X-pipe is not the greatest, fitment with the hangers had to be cut and re-adjusted, for $88, the statement, you get what you pay for holds true in this situation.)

Some install pics

Old 10-15-2006, 12:09 AM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FINALLY!! CUSTOM EXHAUST DONE!!! *PICS*

Looks good.Very different approach.You say its quiet below 2500, or just quieter than your previous setup?
Have any drone with this arrangement?
Thanks,
aircare
Old 10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Hmmmm, very interesting. I dont know that I would have considered doing it this way. Cant wait to hear some sound clips!!!!
Good job!!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aircare84

Looks good.Very different approach.You say its quiet below 2500, or just quieter than your previous setup?
Have any drone with this arrangement?
Thanks,
aircare
Yes, the only thing that shocked me, quiter then the previous set up and my Stockers [sm=smiley3.gif] and a slight drone at around 2800, but its like nothing and more or less compareable to some other set-ups that are out there on the aftermarket for our Gen Stang.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Is everything mandrel bent except for the axle section?
Old 10-15-2006, 02:32 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TMG

Is everything mandrel bent except for the axle section?
No, the only pipes that need to be bent, was for the Axle section, the H-pipe was replaced with the X-pipe, and a straight run to the glasspacks to the stock "over the axle pipes".
Old 10-15-2006, 10:46 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

What is it with you guys about a noisy car sound? Alot of bikers are like that too with noisy bikes. The louder the prouder they seem. I know of a guy who made his louder then later changed his mind, guess he had some deafness after a long trip! His bike would make our ears ring after about 10 miles of listening to it. Can anyone explain this deal with loud noise...does it make you guys more "macho?" (yeah a female here LOL!)
Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

It's just a preference... Maybe a male thing, I don't know.

Anyway, those "glass backs" look identical to my Magnaflow Resonators. I had an O/R H, through the resonators and out Loudmouths. I didn't like the sound. Put the cats back on, now it sounds clean and smooth, but still not what I want. (Also a lot quieter.)

Headers, High flow cats, and 40 Series Flowmasters are on the agenda now, just whenever I decide to fork over $2k.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

HA, the funny thing is, I was going for loud, and got AWESOME instead LOL, Actually, like I said it is loud, just not as loud as I though is was going to be, but thats ok with me, My last car took me 3 exhaust tries to get the sound I was looking for, so this only took twice. And I freak'in love it!!, Now I made an Clip, but honestly it just dosen't do it justice, compared to in-person. I'm hoping to make a vid with me taking off but, probably wouldn't be able to do that until next weekend

Exhaust Sound Clip
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

sounds great...good job on the whole setup

Quick Reply: FINALLY!! CUSTOM EXHAUST DONE!!! *PICS*