Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon fiber on Stang

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:19 PM
edified
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Carbon fiber on Stang

Here's mine from VIS. Go to my site and check it out.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

ummmm, all of that is rice enough said[>:]
Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

Please don't "rice out" your 'Stang - carbon fiber does not belong on an American car. Then again, it's America, so feel free to do as you want.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Numby
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nixtang

Please don't "rice out" your 'Stang - carbon fiber does not belong on an American car. Then again, it's America, so feel free to do as you want.

So you are saying Weight Reductions only belong on imports?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Numby

I didn't say anything about weight reduction. However, since you've brought it up, there are better ways of dropping weight than (in my opinion) crappy-looking carbon fiber replacement pieces. Call me "old-fashioned", but since when does a car look good with different colored body parts? I mean, if I liked that look, I would still be driving my high school rust-bucket. Besides, I don't think that a carbon fiber hood has ever given someone "the edge" in a race.

Who knows, I could be completely wrong. Oh, well...
Old 11-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

If you carbon your stang be sure and get a 3 tier metal wing (unpainted), also go ahead and get rid of the duel exhaust and in place a single big fart can setup. Oh yea get about 40 jap decals also. this will complement the carbon bit nicely.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Numby
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Numby

I didn't say anything about weight reduction. However, since you've brought it up, there are better ways of dropping weight than (in my opinion) crappy-looking carbon fiber replacement pieces. Call me "old-fashioned", but since when does a car look good with different colored body parts? I mean, if I liked that look, I would still be driving my high school rust-bucket. Besides, I don't think that a carbon fiber hood has ever given someone "the edge" in a race.

Who knows, I could be completely wrong. Oh, well...
You can still paint over carbon fiber even though it does ad a bit of weight to the parts. and still there are more ways to drop weight but you are shaving off a good 200 lbs with carbon fiber drive shaft, doors, hood, trunk. im not ragging on what you said just the way you said it.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:34 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

OK I'll rag on what he said then.... YOUR AN IDIOT ...

carbon fiber when done right is one of the best developments in the way of car parts, they are stronger, lighter and last longer. Now that said there are cheap things for every car out there that are really just not worth what you pay for them so if it seems like a nice low price trust me its a nice low quality.

Anyway so let me get this straight a Corvette C6 ZZ06 and the Dodge Viper are RICE????? what planet are you from? And lets go a step further to the very top of performance, is your metal car better than oh lets say that really ricey Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari Enzos or the POS Mclaren F1 or maybe I know the Formula 1 cars that you seem to know nothing about that even use carbon fiber for suspension and axels?

Carbon Fiber is not rice it is quite factually the way of the future son.

And you are right mearly a carbon fiber hood will not give someone an edge in a race, but who said he will only do the hood, maybe he will do a BMR K member, and CF Doors and Fenders and a nice CF Driveshaft. Hell maybe he will gut the entire car of all un-neccessary panels and seats, its his car his call. In a race it CAN come down to weight to horsepower ratio just so you kn

I am sorry I missed the wingo comment so I had to edit this. Here is a picture:

This is a FORD FACTORY DEVELOPED RACE CAR WITH YES A LARG WING and the RICEY CARBON FIBER. Did you know this is the race top line race car that Ford sells to teams, it comes exactly like that with on e exception, it is not painted (they leave that to you) So I guess if you don't like carbon fiber or wings on a car you sould go buy a Saturn.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:45 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure he's not racing for Ford.

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

OK I'll rag on what he said then.... YOUR AN IDIOT ...

carbon fiber when done right is one of the best developments in the way of car parts, they are stronger, lighter and last longer. Now that said there are cheap things for every car out there that are really just not worth what you pay for them so if it seems like a nice low price trust me its a nice low quality.

Anyway so let me get this straight a Corvette C6 ZZ06 and the Dodge Viper are RICE????? what planet are you from? And lets go a step further to the very top of performance, is your metal car better than oh lets say that really ricey Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari Enzos or the POS Mclaren F1 or maybe I know the Formula 1 cars that you seem to know nothing about that even use carbon fiber for suspension and axels?

Carbon Fiber is not rice it is quite factually the way of the future son.

And you are right mearly a carbon fiber hood will not give someone an edge in a race, but who said he will only do the hood, maybe he will do a BMR K member, and CF Doors and Fenders and a nice CF Driveshaft. Hell maybe he will gut the entire car of all un-neccessary panels and seats, its his car his call. In a race it CAN come down to weight to horsepower ratio just so you kn

I am sorry I missed the wingo comment so I had to edit this. Here is a picture:

This is a FORD FACTORY DEVELOPED RACE CAR WITH YES A LARG WING and the RICEY CARBON FIBER. Did you know this is the race top line race car that Ford sells to teams, it comes exactly like that with on e exception, it is not painted (they leave that to you) So I guess if you don't like carbon fiber or wings on a car you sould go buy a Saturn.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Carbon fiber is definitely not RICE
now remove your head from your *** and think

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber on Stang