Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Advise on a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 10:58 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Please Advise on a new Mustang

Welcome to the forums...
Old 10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iamyourdaddy26

well first of all i think you need to not listen to me. I'm just spouting out juvenile garbage not worth listening to, so just ignore me and I'll go crawl away.[8D]
That sounds pretty good right there, I agree listen to that advice right there.

Hey bub. Welcome to the Forum. I used to be in San Antonio, TX for a while. Beautiful place to live. At least you guys get better pawn shops than here in New York. I remember clearly seeing giant billboards reading "JEWELRY, WATCHES, GUNS." Now that's what I love about Texas! [&:]

As for the price. My manual with pony package was about that much (before I talked him down a little), so for an automatic tran which usually costs an extra $1K, not to mention Austin = much more people so usually a higher than sticker price. You can look around but overall that sounds pretty fair.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

I would go to a site like msn.com, in the auto section u can build the exact car you are looking at and it will give the invoice price.....I wouldnt pay more than 300 over this amount. Are there any current rebates or special interest rates?? If there arent there will be soon wait for them........the v-6 is a fine car......be sure to get the ABS and traction control option.......you will miss it if you dont.....the only other flaw is the lack of a locking rear axle. You could remedy that for around $500, and maybe get a 3.73 ratio at the same time!!

Good Luck!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:22 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

Also check Edmunds.com, it gives you the price that other people are paying for that exact model and it also shows the invoice. At one point I was going to buy an F-150, I took the paper into them, they looked it over for a little bit and agreed to it. The price we originally agreed on was about $4,000 under invoice after incentives, but the slimey dealer, raised the price the next day saying they couldn't do it, so I walked and bought a Dodge Ram.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:31 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

I have to agree with you on the GT versus 4.0 test drive. I was not impressed with the GT. I bought a '07 w/Pony Package. I live outside of DFW and got a good deal with North Central Ford.

Check out this thread from my purchase. https://mustangforums.com/m_2118176/tm.htm

Be careful talking about V6 mustangs in the open '05-'07 area, some of the GT owners think the V6's are not Mustang's. I personally think they are trying to overcompensate for a shortcoming-

Go with your first driving impression, either way you are buying a MUSTANG.

Good Luck-
Old 10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I got this years Consumer Guide and it shows the following:

Dealer Invoice for V-6 Premium coupe (leather and Shaker 500) = $18,737
Or you could save some $$ and get the cloth and no Sh**er = $17,906

V-6 Pony Package dealer invoice = $653
Automatic invoice = $866

Bargain UP from these invoice prices, check for incentives, try to buy near the end of the month or if you can wait until the end of the year, even better!
Get any price quote that will be good for a week in writing and let them know you are shopping at least 3 dealerships. Discus financing AFTER you get the best price.
Get any extra deals they throw at you IN WRITING! If they promise upgrade floor mats you need that in writing. Mainly becuase they could be out of stock on those and when you come in next time they will need proof.

That's a big savings over the $24,390 invoice for the GT Premium which means less in taxes and registration fees, lower monthly payments, lower insurance rates, and more money for mods to make the V-6 run close to or even better than the GT.
Just no sticking GT emblems on it!
Welcome to the world of Mustang!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Psycho79
1st Gear Member

Best thing to do IMHO is go here and build one w/ the exact specs that you want, then shop around for a deal that your satisfied w/. This way you know your getting exactly what you want, but 21k for the one you mentioned sounds about right.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

well first of all i think you need to buy a real car an that would be a V-8. you will be made fun of greatly if you but a V-6 sports car. especially the new ones. which i personally think look like poop. so get some ***** and buy a v-8 is my first advice to ya.[8D]
1) REAL cars dont necessarily need V8's
2) The mustang is not a "sports car", there was a post here a while back where everyone agreed it is a "sporty muscle car"
3) The S197 is hot. So be silent.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: prashanth_ce

hey thanks everybody....
that was good info...i did test drive the V-8 but it really aint much of a difference...and then ur insurance is higher for a V-8...so why bother?
You have no soul if you can't tell the difference from the GT and the Sixxxer. Did you even hit the gas once? 21K sounds about right, do you know if it is the Pony Package or not?

haha, that 2v GT got knocked the **** out [8D]
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

well first of all i think you need to buy a real car an that would be a V-8. you will be made fun of greatly if you but a V-6 sports car. especially the new ones. which i personally think look like poop. so get some ***** and buy a v-8 is my first advice to ya.[8D]
First off, there are nothing wrong with v6 mustangs. I had a 05 v6 before I traded it in for my 06 GT. I will definitely say my GT is more fun to drive then my v6, but the v6 was defintely a good car. Some people want the extra gas mileage, lower price, etc. As for the main topic, 21k sounds like a very good deal for a new mustang. My 05 v6 was 23,500 and had the same options.

Quick Reply: Please Advise on a new Mustang