Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door sill idea/?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: door sill idea/?

I actually have 3M paint protector on my door sill area.....the painted area just below each door, that folds over to inside of the door jam.....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

My sill (if I understand exactly what the sill is - the part over the hump inder the door) isn't the part on my car that gets scratched. It's the part just below the sill. Are there any "devices" that protect that part below the sill?
Also do these sill inserts just "glue" in?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 PM
kenwsmith8663

Oh my... that's taking things a bit far.... Do you really tell people "how" to get into your car- Do they ever get in again?
Old 10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

It's usually my girlfriend or one of my friends and I have no problem telling them what I feel. Another example is if your chilling in your living room drinking a beer and you ask them to not spill it like a fool.

ORIGINAL: kenwsmith8663

Oh my... that's taking things a bit far.... Do you really tell people "how" to get into your car- Do they ever get in again?
Old 10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I tell people how to do everything in my car... its mine. What I really hate is when they just let the seatbelts go.. I must have 3 or 4 scratches on the back plastic part by the seatbelt from people just letting that sucker fly.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:45 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

+1...very annoying...or when they slam the damn door like it's on fire!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:48 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

+1...very annoying...or when they slam the damn door like it's on fire!!!!
Haha yes, had that happen more than once. Most all of my family drives bigger vehicles like trucks and suvs so when they get in and out of my car theyre not used to the lighter doors and they just slam it like theyre trying to hit a handball or something!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

I tell people how to do everything in my car... its mine. What I really hate is when they just let the seatbelts go.. I must have 3 or 4 scratches on the back plastic part by the seatbelt from people just letting that sucker fly.
Are you using the little elastic straps that keep the seatbelt attatched to teh front seat, I know my 06 has em, they snap on just by the seat hinge.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:07 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Archion

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Are you using the little elastic straps that keep the seatbelt attatched to teh front seat, I know my 06 has em, they snap on just by the seat hinge.
I wasnt aware there were straps for them? ... I know the previous mustangs had a big ring on the shoulder of the seats and Im so glad they didnt continue that on our model. Where exactly is this elastic strap thing?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

On the side of the seat, down by the hinge, looks like a tension strap for the seat back, but it unsnapps, I'll try to get a pick for you when I get home, at work now.

Quick Reply: door sill idea/?