Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Bra or not to Bra

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: To Bra or not to Bra

Couldn't you just about repaint the front end for the cost of the kit for the Mustang?

$153.96 Hood, Fender and Mirror kit
$160.96 Bumper kit
$118.96 Upper bumper kit
$ 25.00 Installation kit
---------
$458.88
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

And keep repainting it??? All I am getting is the hood kit, and main bumper kit, the upper bumper is pretty useless and the install kit is a squeegee and diluted dish soap. I am also getting the headlight Kit, kinda bad to paint those.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

How long will the overlay last and still look good? 2-3 years? It just seems to be expensive.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

I also round trip communte 120 miles a day...just turned 40K miles. I have had a clear bra on the car since the second week I got it and would not go without. Bought mine from Clearmask.com....I think they are in Trinidad, TX? Bought the Aeroguard material. I also bought the kit to protect the headlight lenses. The hood, fender, light type kits are pretty easy to install since they are small pieces. That big bumper piece is tough for a newbie...you will want to have a helper and a lot of patience.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

No bra......all though they serve a great purpose, IMO they take away the muscle look of your car....granted, I see bras on all sorts of cars but our stangs need to be bra-less!!

I have yet to find it, but I have been told about a clear cover that is really good. It doesnt take away the look of the car; it allows the appropriate sunlight (for color fade) and is supposed to fit so snug you cant tell you have any type of cover until you get right on it. Ill have to go check around the net and see if I can find this cover....that is what Ive been thinking about doing but have not put the time into researching yet.
There is a clear one by 3m that is really nice. You can't tell its there unless you get close to it and trying to find it. It's pretty expensive though
Old 10-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

No bra is always better. What, we're talking cars? Oh, never mind.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

LOL!!! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 10-20-2006, 05:54 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

No bra......all though they serve a great purpose, IMO they take away the muscle look of your car....granted, I see bras on all sorts of cars but our stangs need to be bra-less!!

I have yet to find it, but I have been told about a clear cover that is really good. It doesnt take away the look of the car; it allows the appropriate sunlight (for color fade) and is supposed to fit so snug you cant tell you have any type of cover until you get right on it. Ill have to go check around the net and see if I can find this cover....that is what Ive been thinking about doing but have not put the time into researching yet.
There is a clear one by 3m that is really nice. You can't tell its there unless you get close to it and trying to find it. It's pretty expensive though
Thanks, Ill have to check that one out too....sometime the more you pay the better quality you get
Old 10-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

Thanks, Ill have to check that one out too....sometime the more you pay the better quality you get
yep 3m is a great brand. I plan on getting some 3m Viynls later.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Have guys seen the spray on peel off that Griot's offers.

Quick Reply: To Bra or not to Bra