Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmmmmm

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default hmmmmm

well its come tiem for a new exhaust, well just mufflers really but before i go out and buy something......

is a catback exhaust really better then an axleback on the 05 mustangs? ive heard both yes and no. ive heard most of the catbacks are the same exact size piping as stock?

i would most likely be going with borla
Old 10-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: hmmmmm

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

well its come tiem for a new exhaust, well just mufflers really but before i go out and buy something......

is a catback exhaust really better then an axleback on the 05 mustangs? ive heard both yes and no. ive heard most of the catbacks are the same exact size piping as stock?

Do you not like your LM's? Yea some are the same size as the stock piping, but some guy who lives by me told me he had 4" piping from headers back.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

4" piping from headers back is prety damn big especially for dual exhaust lol

and like i've said couple times before, slp lms sound like trash with an o/r hpipe
Old 10-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

If you put on your LM's yourself, I'm sure you saw the huge bend the factory exhaust pipes have when going over the axle. I'm sure between mufflers themselves there isn't that much difference in flow, but with a cat-back system obviously they come with new intermediate pipes, resulting in better flow out the back, which would net you a bit more horsepower, so yes, a cat-back exhaust is better that just getting new mufflers, simply because of the crappy bends in the factory pipes. I haven't tried them, but supposedly GMS has a H-back system that doesn't drone, but they come with new pipes, and apparently have bigger tips on them now.
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...ackexhaust.htm
Old 10-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

4" piping from headers back is prety damn big especially for dual exhaust lol

and like i've said couple times before, slp lms sound like trash with an o/r hpipe
Oh, I was hopping for LM's and a X pipe... Guess not.

I here Borla is a little louder at idle and sounds amazing under WOT.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

i'm wondering how long tubes, o/r hpipe and lms would sound, it would probably sound better with LTs.

but from my experience, LMs on 05s with o/r midpipes dont really sound good at all, i'm going to try to get LTs and see how they sound with my LMs before i sell them
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

i'm wondering how long tubes, o/r hpipe and lms would sound, it would probably sound better with LTs.

but from my experience, LMs on 05s with o/r midpipes dont really sound good at all, i'm going to try to get LTs and see how they sound with my LMs before i sell them
yea, I was planning on either LM's or Borla axle back with a x-midpipe and shorty headers.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

i really want to know how LMs would sound with LTs

ps, i'll sell you my LMs when youre ready to buy them, maybe
Old 10-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

For sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:AAQ:US:1
Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

yea, I was planning on either LM's or Borla axle back with a x-midpipe and shorty headers.
Any reason why you picked shortys? And BTW Brenspeed has a clip of the LMs and the Pypes O/R H pipe on his website. I think it sounds bad *** personally.. but I was going with an O/R X because they offer more power than an H. Most likely the Dynatech or Kooks setup.

Quick Reply: hmmmmm