Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobile 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:53 PM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mobile 1

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who can feel a difference. Run harder and feels smoother.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:04 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Mobil 1 in my Yamaha FJR1300ABS with a "Power Commander" and I'm not a slow rider.

Redline in my cars, cause I've been using too long to change to Mobil 1.

Tufoil in both as an additive. Check www.tufoil.com The machinest that built my last BMW car, engine recommended it 130k miles and some 15 sets of tires ago. He was not wrong!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:45 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

people seem to feel the biggest change when its used in the tranny, royal purple tranny fluid that is.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:48 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8URWS6
Has anybody done the Mobile 1 fully synthetic oil change yet? I did this today and I can feel an amazing difference. If anybody has done a fully synthetic oil change, can you tell a difference?

Oh and by-the-way, I broke my oil filter tool trying to take the original oil filter off, it was on that tight!
I will be using royal purple starting with my first oil change. On Horsepower TV they did a segment on royal purple. Visited the factory and talked to the employees. When the company started they were just using the oil for very heavy, expensive machinery. Like they said those folks wanted the best for that equipment. They test every truckload of raw material they use if it doesn't come up to specs the load is refused. I'm a believer. The show aired this Saturday and Sunday... did anyone else catch this show?
Old 10-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ya really cool
awhile back they did a test on a camero where they put RP Diff, tranny, moter oil and purple ice and picked up 10 RWHP
I think at my first oil change I'll do that plus Power steering fluid
Old 10-22-2006, 07:23 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

ORIGINAL: 8URWS6
Has anybody done the Mobile 1 fully synthetic oil change yet? I did this today and I can feel an amazing difference. If anybody has done a fully synthetic oil change, can you tell a difference?

Oh and by-the-way, I broke my oil filter tool trying to take the original oil filter off, it was on that tight!
I will be using royal purple starting with my first oil change. On Horsepower TV they did a segment on royal purple. Visited the factory and talked to the employees. When the company started they were just using the oil for very heavy, expensive machinery. Like they said those folks wanted the best for that equipment. They test every truckload of raw material they use if it doesn't come up to specs the load is refused. I'm a believer. The show aired this Saturday and Sunday... did anyone else catch this show?
yeah i saw the show and they gave a good tour of the R P manufacturing process and they strive for the top notch quality and test the products from start to finish in a labratory setting. I am sold the show def convinced me to go with royal purple and none other
Old 10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

Why put Royal Purple in the rearend? The Ford fluid is already synthetic. I can't understand how it could be that much better. Is it?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 PM
duk
1st Gear Member

Put royal purple in the tranny, engine and rearend and you will feel a difference for sure.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:22 AM
NEPATS
1st Gear Member

Just put M1 in mine and it seems to run with less vibration. Seems to rev a bit easier. Very happy with it.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:29 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

I've been running Mobil 1 for about 2,000 miles now - no notable increase in "power," but it does run smoother. Picked up a little extra mileage (.2 MPG).

Quick Reply: Mobile 1