Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to track today! timeslips inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default Went to track today! timeslips inside!

i went to byron dragway today.. weather was kinda cold.. my tires are pretty bald and because of weather, i took easy ot the tree so my 60's are not that good. i was like a chicken at tree, i couldnt laucnh my car the way i wanted too.. i prefered to bog the car instead of spinning cuz bogging gives me better 60'. so, i ran 4 times today and i didnt spin of the line at all except one run. i went to track to get 13.5s but i am back with very dissapointing 13.7

here are my time slips.. and my car is stone stock to air filter..

first Run.. ( crappy 60' but ET is ok)

second Run: ( 1.99 60' foot on my bald tires )

third run (missed 3rd )

last run:

and here is a couple pics. of my car waiting at the line..

Old 10-22-2006, 10:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Went to track today! timeslips inside!

Looks cold there! Your trap speeds are more inconsistent than mine. last time at the track all my trap speeds were 105mph and my best run was 106, but all within less than 2mph of each other. Even my worst run when I spun the hell out of 1st was 14.2@ 104.79. Ok that one wasn't 105, but close.

Man I hope it get's cold here, like they say it will the beginning of this week. I can't wait to try the car in the cold without all this humidity.

I wish I had a spare set of rims so I could mount my old 235/45/17 kumho tires off my 99 ranger. They might be a little better than the pirellis, but even if they're not I could smoke the hell out of them with my new linelocks!

Your ET's were pretty consistent, but your trap speeds seemed to differ more. I bet if I shift to 4th I could get a faster trap speed than 106, i'm trying it this Wed.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

wow, that STI had a horrible run[8D]
Old 10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Looks cold there! Your trap speeds are more inconsistent than mine. last time at the track all my trap speeds were 105mph and my best run was 106, but all within less than 2mph of each other. Even my worst run when I spun the hell out of 1st was 14.2@ 104.79. Ok that one wasn't 105, but close.

Man I hope it get's cold here, like they say it will the beginning of this week. I can't wait to try the car in the cold without all this humidity.

I wish I had a spare set of rims so I could mount my old 235/45/17 kumho tires off my 99 ranger. They might be a little better than the pirellis, but even if they're not I could smoke the hell out of them with my new linelocks!

Your ET's were pretty consistent, but your trap speeds seemed to differ more. I bet if I shift to 4th I could get a faster trap speed than 106, i'm trying it this Wed.

i recommend you not try 4th.. look at my run against a stang GT. i trapped 98mph.. i tried 4th gear and that effected my trap.. otherwise, i could have been 102s 4th gear doesn't work good.. try and see.

hey.. also you trapped 105- 106 mph stock????? damn that is awesome then!!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

wow, that STI had a horrible run[8D]
for some reasion he couldnt launch good.. when i shift to 3rd that thing started to come closer and he shift to 4th and i walked on him pretty good.. now i am confused.. from a roll our cars can beat them.. cuz he was at my door.. once my car started to pull on 3rd gear he fell back pretty good!

by the way tat mustang didnt have any seats in his car and his headlight was out for more air!!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm not stock, my mods are in my sig, except for my ford racing exhaust which i'm told doesn't really do much besides drop weight.

You've seen my timeslip in the Gt forum.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

My car pulls pretty good in 4th, better than it does in 3rd nearing the rev limiter. It probably won't help my ET's, but I might be able to squeeze out a few more mph.

I'm not stock, my mods are in my sig, except for my ford racing exhaust which i'm told doesn't really do much besides drop weight.

You've seen my timeslip in the Gt forum.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:27 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

well, i haven't driven tuned new stang so you might be right.. try it.. it won't hurt you.. i tired and i saw it didnt work and i didnt try again..
Old 10-23-2006, 02:04 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Would the stick trap at higher speeds than the auto because mine seem to be significantly lower than yalls.... I get a pretty consistant 102...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Would the stick trap at higher speeds than the auto because mine seem to be significantly lower than yalls.... I get a pretty consistant 102...
Yes, because the manual has more hp at the wheels.

Quick Reply: Went to track today! timeslips inside!