Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Default YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)

So although I was rasied in a devouted FORD family, my father did make the exception on three seperate occasions to take the pleasure in owning a few Corvettes. One thing I always found exceptionally interesting was "The Wave!" As you all may/may not know, corvette owners/drivers (of any year) all wave at each other on the road as if they are linked together by some sort of a community. Like I've said I always found this very intriuging and latly find myself waving to various Mustangs on the road. Suprisingly, any in the similar S197 bodystyle typically wave back, and for some odd unknown reason mustang drivers previous of the 2005 look at me sideways in confusion..... Not sure if theres any correlation here, but Im thinking maybe other stang owners would like to adopt "The Wave," I must admit its a great feeling waving at others who've made a similar contribuition into a Mustang investment. Whats your take?????
Old 10-26-2006, 01:53 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: YEA IM WAVING AT YOU

I always wave to any mustang, most the time they aren't real mustang fans like us. I actually got the thumbs up from a v6 pony package and tried to give him the same back.

I'm all for the wave but more so a thumbs up. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

-Jeff
Old 10-26-2006, 01:58 AM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

I have seen posts where owners of earlier mustangs were gripping about how owners of new ones are cocky jerks and so on. They may be wondering if you are being friendly or if you are trying to rub it in that you have a new one and they don't. I don't know, just a theory.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:00 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

The thumbs up sounds like a nice way of mimicking "the wave" without totally being copycats, in that regard I completly admire it!! The only prob. I have with any thumbs up is that im a cave diver, and its second nature to me that a thumbs up means "PROBLEM SURFACE NOW!" LOL Even on an everyday basis when someone throws me the thumbs up I immediatly think of whats wrong!! But like I said either way its definetly Pleasant to acknowledge others on the road who share similar interests in muscle cars, rather than Imported Rice...

As for the ignorance theory, I kinda infered something like that might be interepreted so I Begun to limit my waves to the S197 crowd to demish any distracted and unintentional confrontation.[&:] After all a mustang still is a mustang at heart! IMHO i rather see someone drive a neglected beat to death 4cyl mustang rather than a hopped up "VEE DUB" If ya know what I mean. I believe it all boils down to the hertiage of domestic automobiles versus imports. Everyone has their own personal views up it, but I dont want to go there in this bulletin I'd prefer to get more feed back on "THE WAVE!!"
Old 10-26-2006, 02:15 AM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

Motorcycles are the only thing where I had a large majority wave at me, cruisers, sport bikes, didn't matter. The next closest was the Subaru guys(there are a lot here), but in general if I wave at someone in my S2000, they don't care like they used to. Never got anything in my RX8 either. I'll wave, but don't expect much in return.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:33 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)

i kind of like the thumbs up, i got one from a c5 sunday as i passed by. its the one i give and seems to be the one i get sent to me most of the time.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:38 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

I always like the wave, I'm usually the one to initiate it but most people return it. It really does feel like one big mustang family out on the road! I mostly wave at the 60's stangs ours are styled after, S197s, or Cobra/Mach1 previous models. I waved/flashed high-beams at a Viper a while back and the guy waved back. It's nice to see that a guy driving a 500 hp V-10 beast still has respect for classic American muscle.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

nothing wrong with a thumbs up, or a wave and a nod to a fellow Stanger! It's like an acknowledgement that we all have something special!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:56 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

[sm=hiya.gif] heres a wave
Old 10-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

I get alot of waves and smiles. It just seems like when you see a Mustang drive by, people around here are always nice. Last week when I was driving, I passed 9 Mustangs (about 7 2005/2006) and everyone of them waved or smiled. It's just a great feeling. [sm=smiley17.gif]

Quick Reply: YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)