Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-Techs, How accurate are they?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:15 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default G-Techs, How accurate are they?

I’m asking this question after seeing mention of someone using theirs in the 0-60, 1/4 mile time’s thread. I didn’t want to hijack the thread asking about it so here is a new one.

Does anyone have any experience or have any idea if these things actually work? If so how accurate are they? On their website it says they are pretty accurate but are they for real?

For those that don’t know what I’m talking about here’s a link. G-Tech

If this is close to accurate Id love to get one to see if my mod’s have really done anything, and to see if anything further I do really adds an hp or not.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:12 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: G-Techs, How accurate are they?

Car and Driver did a test on all of those performance things like the G-Tech. I'll find it when I get home because I'm at school right now.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:34 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

That would be awesome, thanks
Old 10-27-2006, 02:58 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS
I’m asking this question after seeing mention of someone using theirs in the 0-60, 1/4 mile time’s thread. I didn’t want to hijack the thread asking about it so here is a new one.

Does anyone have any experience or have any idea if these things actually work? If so how accurate are they? On their website it says they are pretty accurate but are they for real?

If this is close to accurate Id love to get one to see if my mod’s have really done anything, and to see if anything further I do really adds an hp or not.
Wow... sounds too good to be true at $200. If its on the up and up I will get one.

I was looking at a Hyperpac from Hypertech. It has many of the same features as the G-Tech plus its a tuner. I first saw it on the HorsePower TV show, then checked it out on their website. http://hypertech.com/ It sounded so good I was going to get one until I saw the price. If I remember correctly it was $800 or $900.

sw07gt did you find that article from Car and Driver yet? Does it mention the Hyperpac?
Old 10-27-2006, 03:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I've seen the hyperpac for $699 online, still insane though for what it is and does. Hp TV tested it against their dyno and the difference was 5hp.

ORIGINAL: wingman75

ORIGINAL: POWERS

Wow... sounds too good to be true at $200. If its on the up and up I will get one.

I was looking at a Hyperpac from Hypertech. It has many of the same features as the G-Tech plus its a tuner. I first saw it on the HorsePower TV show, then checked it out on their website. http://hypertech.com/ It sounded so good I was going to get one until I saw the price. If I remember correctly it was $800 or $900.

sw07gt did you find that article from Car and Driver yet? Does it mention the Hyperpac?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

you can get older g-tech units that look like radar detectors on ebay for like $35...havent tried one out but heck they are cheap enough, might give one a go
Old 10-27-2006, 04:13 PM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

Every thing that I have read on it seems pretty neat, but the all say that you must have the exact weight of your car or everything elese is OFF and the numbers rarely match. I can see why you run one test with half a tank the next with a quarter tank and that's a big difference. ALSO you must be on a perfectly flat road to make it accurate also. I don't have one anywhere near me!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:15 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Johnnie D
you can get older g-tech units that look like radar detectors on ebay for like $35...havent tried one out but heck they are cheap enough, might give one a go
How do the features compare with the newer ones?

JD love your Mustang!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

thanks you stang is looking pretty pimp too.....i know the old one do all the stuff the new ones do, probably not as well but they do all the basic, 1/4 mile 0-60, 1/8 mile, horsepower..etc let me look one up and see if they are still selling on ebay
Old 10-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gtech-G-tech-pro...QQcmdZViewItem

thats the old g-tech pro...they sell cheap, i watched a bunch sell for under $40 before

Quick Reply: G-Techs, How accurate are they?