Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why Europe doesnt get mustangs..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: This is why Europe doesnt get mustangs..

Dude that vid is of the regular C6 not C6-Z06
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Ouch
Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flyingkiwi

The reveiwer is former British Touring Car champion Jason Plato (similar to CanAM). So he definately knows his stuff about cars and driving them fast.

I'd love to see his review(albeit comparing apples to oranges) of the Mustang vs the Lotus Elise if anyone has the link they can post.

No, I don't believe he had anything to do with that Mustang GT vs. Elise test that Top Gear did. I did see the video of the face off though. But I'm not really sure it did the Brit's hosts any favors though. Even though the Mustang was really out-muscled in the hp/weight ratio.............it sure hung onto the Elise's posterier pretty good. I was actually impressed that the Mustang didn't get left behind worse than it did. Of course, they did have a true pro behind the wheel of it

As far as an apples to oranges comparo goes...........it was entertaining nonetheless.

EDIT: Here's the video: http://media.putfile.com/Top-Gear-Lo...-05-Mustang-GT

And it wasn't an Elise...........it was an Exige.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:41 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

The Corvette video is from the BBC show "Top Gear", which has always been MUCH harder on American cars. (They usually hate them.) Later on in the series, they review the new C6 Z06, and they really liked it.

If you think the first video reviewer was hard on the Mustang, go watch the "Top Gear" video on them. They tear them apart. I thought the first video was very fair. He liked the car, just said they suspension and interrior needed work, both of which I agree with.

A_Sixer brought up an excellent point, in most of Eurpoe you CANNOT modity a car in any fashion. What you pay for, you are stuck with. We have the luxury of being able to change a car to suit our tastes and needs.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

The reveiwer is former British Touring Car champion Jason Plato (similar to CanAM). So he definately knows his stuff about cars and driving them fast.

I'd love to see his review(albeit comparing apples to oranges) of the Mustang vs the Lotus Elise if anyone has the link they can post.

No, I don't believe he had anything to do with that Mustang GT vs. Elise test that Top Gear did. I did see the video of the face off though. But I'm not really sure it did the Brit's hosts any favors though. Even though the Mustang was really out-muscled in the hp/weight ratio.............it sure hung onto the Elise's posterier pretty good. I was actually impressed that the Mustang didn't get left behind worse than it did. Of course, they did have a true pro behind the wheel of it

As far as an apples to oranges comparo goes...........it was entertaining nonetheless.

That was the biggest pile of "propaganda" I have ever seen......
I can put a 750cc bike engine on a Kart and blow some v8 away.... Just Lame!!
Dude I would love to see the crash test results on that match box!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:39 PM
flyingkiwi

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Cool thanks - it's not even a comparison but as you say entertaining and the production of it is fantastic. Thanks for posting.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yes I would have to agree with you and to be honest the interior isn't that great. I sat in one at a gas station when I complemented a owner on his. Its bare inside like the stock mustang. I have the MGW upgrades and it does create a upgraded interior. I didn't like their speedometer either. Does anyone know if they have my color on the cobra? I know the Roush doesn't and it kinda of takes away from the car. I believe the old chap did enjoy himself. Maybe Ford will also do something about that heavy car too.

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

heres how i look at it. The more people who talk **** about it, the more ford is going to improve on this car and turn it into a super car(not thats its not already). But i mean your going to have people talk **** about any car, thats just how it is.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A_Sixer

That was the biggest pile of "propaganda" I have ever seen......
I can put a 750cc bike engine on a Kart and blow some v8 away.... Just Lame!!
lol Yea, I agree. I'm not sure what sparked them to throw up an Exige against a Mustang.......I guess they wanted to up the dosage of American icon bashism for that week.[&:] It would be equally lame if an American automotive television program pinned a Mini Cooper up against a C6 Corvette. It could be made entertaining......but it wouldn't prove much, and would be hailed as nothing more than Euro-car bashing.

Either way, I don't take such editorials to heart. If a stock Mustang GT performed as well as that one did against an Exige.......my supercharged GT with overhauled suspension and better tires would probably be more than a match for one.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:13 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skoshi42

Heres a review of the new Corvette C6... it gets a hell of alot worse.. sorry chevy guys...

http://videos.streetfire.net/recentv...67008ba5ad.htm

EDITED: thanks ford dude for the correction.. my mistake..
Sounds like the English are still sore from the Revolutionary War........that freakin' TVR isn't smog/crash/noise legal, it's a freakin' kit car made by drunks.......yes that TVR has 350-360hp, but it weighs like 2400-2600lb, it better out run the 'Vette in a drag.....plus it didn't seem the test driver was trying too hard in the 'Vette. Who has won Le Mans in their category, what is it, 4-5 years in a row?
Sour grapes by an old fart with a Jheri Curl. [:@]
Old 10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Will someone tell me if the Cobra has my color?

Quick Reply: This is why Europe doesnt get mustangs..