Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners can't reflash ECM back to stock Mfgr program

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:26 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tuners can't re-flash ECM back to stock Mfgr program

ORIGINAL: Rupp

The original statement is true. If the Ford dealer really cared to see if the program was ever changed they can because even though the original stock settings are uploaded to the tuner before the new one is installed the "original stamp" of the stock tune does change. The important thing to remember is that most dealers are going to care. If you are concerned then call your service adviser and ask if they "care" if you are running an after market tune.
Please explain.

ORIGINAL: kenthicken
Can anyone confirm any of this? CrazyAl? I think you're the guru here on the subject, my man. Any Ford techs here?
I think thats who I heard it from.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:56 AM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tuners can't reflash ECM back to stock Mfgr program

awhile back i put some octane boost in and it fouled the plugs to the point it was breaking up above 4500 rpms.tookit to dealer after puting back the stock tune.they could't find anything wrong,so they called ford.still no luck.they started to do all the tests and finally hit on the plugs.changed them,no problem.they asked many times if i did anything and i kept saying no.i don't think they belived me.they still did then plugs under warrenty.when they gave me the car back,the tech was laughing a little.i also disconnected the battery for 10min.[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=hiya.gif]
Old 10-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Tuners can't reflash ECM back to stock Mfgr program

the emissions inspection place near where I live do emissions on 95 and newer like this
drive car into bay turn off connect OBDII computer turn on electricals and start and idile for a few min and as long as the OBD computer doesn't show anything odd it passes if the cad is older than 95 then they put it on a dyno and put a sniffer in the exhaust and put it in drive and do a few differant speeds I think 20 and 45 and then check the read out from the computer

if the battery has been disconnected on 95 and newer in an attempt to temp clear anything it will fail I've seen this happen and the tech there will tell the person to go drive around for awhile 30min or more

but I've heard that if I go to the next county over they don't have all that crap in their emissions testing