Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash rattle worth a trip to the dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

Default Dash rattle worth a trip to the dealership?

I have a horrible dash rattle like most, and I hate it. I have an appointment to take it to the dealership to see if they can fix it but I'm affraid if they dont fix it it'll be 10 time worse[&:] Is it really worth a trip? Have any of you had your rattles fixed by the dealer? If so what did they do to fix it? Sorry to start another rattle thread but Im out of idea's.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dash rattle worth a trip to the dealership?

Well, there's a TSB out on it so hopefully it won't be worse.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I have a horrible dash rattle like most, and I hate it. I have an appointment to take it to the dealership to see if they can fix it but I'm affraid if they dont fix it it'll be 10 time worse[&:] Is it really worth a trip? Have any of you had your rattles fixed by the dealer? If so what did they do to fix it? Sorry to start another rattle thread but Im out of idea's.
Rattles suck, take it in.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:55 PM
RedGTyl
1st Gear Member

My dealership fixed a rattle in my drivers door panel. I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately I noticed like you that my dash rattles when I accelerate hard through the mid range. I think its because my cars broken though. My car vibrates alot in general. Its at the dealer getting the transmission taken off. I dont blame the dash for vibrating. Anyway good luck. They will probably fix it.

By the way, how do you like your MACs? I buying mine a week or so. Just waiting for my pay check. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 AM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedGTyl

My dealership fixed a rattle in my drivers door panel. I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately I noticed like you that my dash rattles when I accelerate hard through the mid range. I think its because my cars broken though. My car vibrates alot in general. Its at the dealer getting the transmission taken off. I dont blame the dash for vibrating. Anyway good luck. They will probably fix it.

By the way, how do you like your MACs? I buying mine a week or so. Just waiting for my pay check. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
The Mac's are awesome, they look and sound great. You will love them and by far out of all the exhaust out there, and believe me, Ive heard them all, the Mac's to me have the best sound!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Oh so there is a TSB for it? Awesome! I have been asking myself the same question because I don't want to take a day off from work if they can't fix it. Damn thing has been getting worse lately too!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:04 AM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

TSB06-4-1
Old 11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gidyup

TSB06-4-1
Thank you!, is there a link to get a print out of it, I checked in our tsb area and didn't see anything.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/gala...er_console.pdf
Old 11-02-2006, 03:40 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Question, what kind of noise is that you all are having? I was reading the TSB and it doesn't sound like my issue. Mine is like a squeeking sound, almost sounds like two pieces of plastic rubbing on itself. It also sounds like it's formnt he far passenger side of the dash. Appears more on bumpy roads and doesnt appear related to speed or rpms.

Quick Reply: Dash rattle worth a trip to the dealership?