Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Default What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

Before I begin, let me say that I did not get pics -- which is unfortunate, because I saw an '06 'Stang V6 on the freeway this morning that pushed the limits of "tacky." Now, each person has their own style - that beind said, to each their own...

Keep in mind, this was all on a V6 'Stang... a 2006 V6 'Stang... all on the SAME 2006 V6 'Stang...

1) Do not put an '05 - '07 "GT" badge on your decklid when you clearly are not a Mustang GT...
2) Do not put SIX large Mustang "pony" decals on the windows of your 'Stang. That's two on the back window, two on the rear quarter windows, and two on the upper windshield.
3) In addition to the six large "pony" decals, do not ALSO put two insanely huge Mustang "pony" decals running the length of the car, from wheel well to wheel well.
4) In addition to the eight or so "pony" decals on your car, do not also put another "pony" decal over the "gas cap" emblem on the decklid.
5) And, most of all, do not pull up next to me on a jammed freeway and rev your motor...

Anyone have any similar "tacky 'stang" stories?

Old 11-01-2006, 09:03 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

hmm
Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Wow. I still don't think it is as bad as "the Hottest Stang in Chicago"...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

I've been looking for an excuse to use that smiley! [8D]

Man.... Not a bad written description though! That is hilarious! I have no such similar story so far. I can hardly imagine very many folks doing THAT or even near that to their 'stang! I hope I don't come up with a similar story!

Yes... "to each his own". I am very slow to criticize..... very open minded to other's choices.... BUT..... that really is taking things too far... and terrible waste of a beautiful automobile. IMHO.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

One person does it, and we're reguarded as a 'whole'.

I guess all those GT owners that slap on Cobra badges and saleen stripes are perfect in their own ways.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Playboy06

One person does it, and we're reguarded as a 'whole'.

I guess all those GT owners that slap on Cobra badges and saleen stripes are perfect in their own ways.
If they have the power to back it up then I'd be "ok" with it, but if not they are as retarded as the next turd that would do something stupid. A V6 or V8 does not make someone a retarded turd but rather the asshat driving it...
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

there's a black 05' v6 mustang at my community college that has a dual exhuast system put on and my god does it look hideous the chamber of mufflers hangs down lower than the bumper so you see the whole chamber and tip sticking out which the tip is also a 1 1/2" rolled tip which looks way to damn small and he doesn't even have the bumper trimmed for the dual exit, and has huge 22" rims on it
Old 11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

Before I begin, let me say that I did not get pics -- which is unfortunate, because I saw an '06 'Stang V6 on the freeway this morning that pushed the limits of "tacky." Now, each person has their own style - that beind said, to each their own...

Keep in mind, this was all on a V6 'Stang... a 2006 V6 'Stang... all on the SAME 2006 V6 'Stang...

1) Do not put an '05 - '07 "GT" badge on your decklid when you clearly are not a Mustang GT...
2) Do not put SIX large Mustang "pony" decals on the windows of your 'Stang. That's two on the back window, two on the rear quarter windows, and two on the upper windshield.
3) In addition to the six large "pony" decals, do not ALSO put two insanely huge Mustang "pony" decals running the length of the car, from wheel well to wheel well.
4) In addition to the eight or so "pony" decals on your car, do not also put another "pony" decal over the "gas cap" emblem on the decklid.
5) And, most of all, do not pull up next to me on a jammed freeway and rev your motor...

Anyone have any similar "tacky 'stang" stories?

What part of L.A. do you live in? I see gaudy 'Stangs of all years, but a newer one? Not yet(thankfully). Although wait until the border brothers get a hold of them(it's okay, I'm Mexican-American, so I can talk $hit about my fellow dumb Hispanic bros-lol). Although how to righteously screw up a sweet ride dept.. There's a Dodge Ram SRT10 up my street, it's painted candy apple maroon(with gold flake) and has all the bright trim redone in gold and rides on 22" gold Daytons.........yes, he's Hispanic......Caramba! Talk about messing up a once sweet truck! Just waiting to encounter the same thing done to an S197 'Stang....oh well[&o]
Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

I had a v6 fully decked out with grill, strips and wheels get next to me and try to race me. My opion is that when i bought my mustang i became part of a much bigger family and i would say 90 percent of the time we respect each other and always wave when we pass and give respect to each other cars. For example i do not perfer the 5.0 of the 80's but i must say he has a 5.0 and i have a 4.6 and i give him respect. The moron in the 05 v6 thought he could race me and that was disrecpetful. It actully bothered me for days due to it was like a little brother provoking his big brother. and like a big brother i spanked his *** and beat the **** out him in third gear, So to all of my family, thanks for the respect and its is and was one of the best buys of my life. Thankyou all
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: billyjo

I had a v6 fully decked out with grill, strips and wheels get next to me and try to race me. My opion is that when i bought my mustang i became part of a much bigger family and i would say 90 percent of the time we respect each other and always wave when we pass and give respect to each other cars. For example i do not perfer the 5.0 of the 80's but i must say he has a 5.0 and i have a 4.6 and i give him respect. The moron in the 05 v6 thought he could race me and that was disrecpetful. It actully bothered me for days due to it was like a little brother provoking his big brother. and like a big brother i spanked his *** and beat the **** out him in third gear, So to all of my family, thanks for the respect and its is and was one of the best buys of my life. Thankyou all
I will race ya, I have a sixxxer *cough*

Quick Reply: What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...