Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE Oil change

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:50 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FREE Oil change

imo the "free" oil change is merely a dealer promotional give-away, so to speak. If you get your free oil change, you will be satisified that you got something from your dealer. When using FMC filters etc, and the dealers oil that they have on supply, chances are you will be returning in the next 3-5K miles for your next oil change. They are banking on your return business. Not someone who shows up with their own products expecting the labor to be free. Chances are, you will not be returning with your own supplies next time, paying the shop rate per hour for an oil change.

I would sent the letter after you revise it a 3rd time. Be more specific, who told you that you would be entitled to a free oil change? The dealer or FMC? You don't need to tell them your 21. Get to the point, be polite and leave out the slams. Its great to write a letter to get your feelings out, then write one that will get a true response with results... Here is an example of what you could send...feel free to email me I would be willing to help you out with the letter. Dave

I recently purchased a Mustang GT from Baytown Ford.

At that time, I was promised a free oil change if I completed a survey that they provided. On November 3, 2006, I took my vehicle to the dealership to have this service performed, however, I wanted Baytown Ford to use my own oil as I prefer to use Royal Purple and K&N filters. It was to my surprise that the dealer did not stand up to the free offer, even after supplying my own product, I was charged $10 for labor. I do not feel that Baytown Ford should have charged me for this service.

I had also inquired about changing out the fluids in the transmission and differentials, and was informed that unless I use Motorcraft fluids it would void my warranty. Is that correct?

I have been a long time customer and believe in the Ford product line. I would appreciate any assistance you may offer to answer my above referenced questions. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Name, Address and phone number
Old 11-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

thank you for the suggestion hows this
[quote]Hello, my name is "name and number omited"

On Monday October 2nd, 2006 I bought a Ford Mustang GT at Baytown Ford. At that time, I was promised a free oil change if I completed a survey that would arrive in the mail. On Friday November 3rd, 2006, I took my vehicle to the dealership to have this service performed; however, I wanted Baytown Ford to use my own oil as I prefer to use Royal Purple and had researched which oil filters are best. It was to my surprise that the dealer did not stand up to the free offer, even after supplying my own product, I was charged $10 for labor. I do not feel that Baytown Ford should have charged me for this service.

I had also inquired about changing out the fluids in the transmission and differential, and I was then informed that I must use Motorcraft fluids or it would void my warranty. Is this information accurate?

I have been a long time customer and believe in the Ford product line. I would appreciate any assistance you may offer to answer my above referenced questions. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

"name omited"quote]
Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

sorry if I used a bit much of you idea
I have been to college but I'm more of Science/math guy
Old 11-05-2006, 05:11 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Well.. Im not really sure if sending a letter to Ford would do any good but you can try. I think sending one to the dealership would be more appropriate, but then again, they might get up tight about it and that could come back to haunt your car. I dont think they should have charged you for the 10 bucks, but I would have changed my own anyways if I already have the products. When I took my car in for the first oil change, they did alot of other things as well like check all of my fluids, the suspension, as well as look at my window scratch problem. Did they do anything else to your car besides just the oil change? Because if so, that could be where the 10 bucks came from.

Also, did yall ever think that he could have possibly driven 3k miles in a month? Its not impossible, or maybe he just wanted to change it to get all the shavings out.

And by the way, it is illegal for them to force you to use a certain brand of fluids.

I would consider a new dealership anyways. Although Ford doesnt directly control dealerships they DO have some say in it, so maybe writing a letter to Ford expressing your bad experience would cause them to rip Baytown Ford a new *******.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:10 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

Hey Ford dude, the letter looks good. Send it, and keep us posted if you get a response...
Old 11-05-2006, 02:16 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Read advice from BAMFstang again, he's "right on"
Old 11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

Hey Ford dude, the letter looks good. Send it, and keep us posted if you get a response...

I agree; the revised letter sounds much better. Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Ok it looks to me like a form letter
Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship
Center regarding Baytown Ford.

As dealerships operate independently of Ford Motor Company, they
determine how the diagnostic fee will be applied when assigning technicians to
service vehicles. In this instance, the diagnostic fee that was quoted
to you and the manner in which it would apply, is a standard practice
for this dealership. We invite you to speak with the Service Manager, as
he/she would be in the best position to address your fee.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important
objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel
free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Haydiliza
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Old 11-07-2006, 01:55 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Sounds like it might have had some slight interaction in it.. but WTF is that name at the bottom? Sounds like the scientific name of a jungle plant...
Old 11-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Ya that almost what I think

Quick Reply: FREE Oil change