Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli CAI + Tune= BrenSpeed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Default Granatelli CAI + Tune= BrenSpeed

Wow, just got off the phone with Brenspeed, Awesome like I expected it to be

well, for all those with the GMS CAI kit who want a tune, just talked to Brenspeed, and its not an issue, there are 2 ways to go about it.

1. Remove recalibrated MAF and replace with stock, or
2. leave in recalibrated MAF, and his tune will work with it.

He suggest leaving the recalibrated MAF from GMS in, and his tune will work with it. He explained everything to me in detail, Brent is Awesome, so next week, I'll be ordering from him there SCT (BrenSpeed) tuner with Steeda pullies. Hopfully going to the track this friday, then having the car dyno'd Saturday. Then after the Tune and pullies, re-dyno and take it to the track again. Hopefully I'll have the weather for the track in the next few weeks before the track closes for the season.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:17 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Granatelli CAI + Tune= BrenSpeed

Color me confused.....

Not trying to be difficult here, but I thought the whole point of going with the GMS CAI was so you wouldn't have to retune with a tuner....

On a different note, you will not be disappointed with Brent's tunes, no matter what.......

Good luck,
Mike

Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Brent is a great guy, no doubt!

If Brent can make a tune for the GMS intake, that's great. Then the only drawback becomes price. As long as you're buying a tuner anyway, why spend the extra $$$ for the Granatelli instead of buying something like the C&L or the JLT?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

When I first got the car, I atleast wanted to open it up a little and get a CAI kit, after some research, found that you can't just throw one on like your average car, the Granatelli was the perfect answer at the time until I was able to research a little more and make a decision on what direction to take the car. Now granted, the GMS CAI kit is perfect for someone who wants just to that and any other mod that doesn't require a tune, but now that I have a serious case of the mod bug, I want to take the car much further, LOL and realisticly I spent close to the same for the Granatelli as if I would of have gotton the C&L
Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 AM
JayFi
2nd Gear Member

Sweet! Plus if you leave the GMS MAF in place you can flash back to the stock tune without removing the CAI (or replacing the MAF)! Looks like I'll be giving Brent a call on payday!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:10 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JayFi

Sweet! Plus if you leave the GMS MAF in place you can flash back to the stock tune without removing the CAI (or replacing the MAF)! Looks like I'll be giving Brent a call on payday!
That's not a bad deal...
I know the GMS CAI gets you some HP, but does it give you any more by adding the tune? OR does the tune just give you the ability to add more mods at that point?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I8ACHEVY

ORIGINAL: JayFi

That's not a bad deal...
I know the GMS CAI gets you some HP, but does it give you any more by adding the tune? OR does the tune just give you the ability to add more mods at that point?
Actually its both. A costume tune will tie in all your mods (present & future) to achieve max peformance from those mods, Now with our cars in order to get max performance from a CAI, the proper A/F mix has to be right as well, so to see big gains from a CAI, a tune is key.

Yeah, customer service is at the top of my list, and brenspeed is #1. I had talked to a guy over at Evolution Performance also to get a dyno, a possible tune, and discuss the next step to take the car as well, and he was a total A$$Hat, real arrogant! [:@]. Evolution in PA, is about an hour an a half from me, but as it stands if I go MAJOR into the car, I'll take the 12.4 hour drive to Brenspeed before I even think about going to Evolution [:'(], for now I'm just trying to find a GOOD speed shop, some what local, to do possible miner mods that I can't do, and that has a dyno as well [>:]
Old 11-10-2006, 11:13 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

What I was getting at was, I know that the CAI gives you like 22-25HP. Will you get much more when you add the tune?
Old 11-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I8ACHEVY

What I was getting at was, I know that the CAI gives you like 22-25HP. Will you get much more when you add the tune?
Gotcha , Well in all honesty, I know that GMS is Claiming 22 to 25 HP gain, but not sure its actually getting that. The recalibration kit is basicly tricking the computer thinking its getting the proper A/F mix, Now the engine is still getting more air, and there is a HP gain, but it still not going to be as high, as with a tune.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Just Ordered the SCT X-CALIBRATOR 2 From BrenSpeed, for $379. Shipped!! Can't wait!! [sm=happy046.gif]

I'll keep you guys posted, So anyone who has the Granatelli CAI Kit, and is ready for more!!

BRENSPEED

Quick Reply: Granatelli CAI + Tune= BrenSpeed