Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zaino

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:01 AM
bradzpony

Default zaino

[:@][:@]

Okay - I know alot of the folks on here love Zaino - and I respect that opinion.

I just wanted to post my experience with the product.
Yesterday afternoon I used the Z-2 polish with ZFX Accelerator.
The stuff does go on pretty easily but getting it off is a nightmare. I rotated between three white cotton towels and buffed....and buffed....and buffed....you get the idea. Still this morning in the daylight I see spots where I missed. In fact, you
can still see the strokes in spots of where I applied the stuff. Hopefully I don't have permanent damage.
I miss my Meguiars!
Never again....

Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: zaino

Sounds like you didnt let it dry.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:45 AM
The long rider
1st Gear Member

I agree, you must not have given it time to set up. I have used it in warmer weather and it did dry in 30 min. but two weeks ago I applied it to my new truck and had too let it sit overnight. but I did get a fantastic result.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:54 AM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

I would say the same, either there wasn't enough ZFX added or you didn't wait long enough. Everytime I used it I practically wipe it off with no problem. Sorry to hear that you had a hard time with it.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you did something wrong, outside air temp?, wrong mixture?, not on a dry car?, not on a clean car?, anyway good luck with geting your car straigt. My cars have always turned out awesome. What I like best is the shine lasts so long, months!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
bradzpony

Possibly. It was around 55-60 degrees out when I started, though it was getting dark as I was finishing up.
I followed directions exactly, not that they're that difficult
to start with. I washed the car in Dawn prior and ensured it was dry. That is the main reason for my disappointment.
I paid them $19.95 extra for the ZFX additive....waited 20-30minutes at least as the directions suggested...and now this.
Oh well. I did forward my 2cents to their customer service this morning.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:48 PM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bradzpony

Possibly. It was around 55-60 degrees out when I started, though it was getting dark as I was finishing up.
to start with. I washed the car in Dawn prior and ensured it was dry. That is the main reason for my disappointment.
I paid them $19.95 extra for the ZFX additive....waited 20-30minutes at least as the directions suggested...and now this.
Hello Zaino has a learning curve it is however an excellent product. Humidity plays a part in the drying process, As well as temp. It also sounds like you did not allow the product to dry. I suspect that you may have applied the product to heavy, you have to apply extremley thin coats. I have used zaino, and got the same effect spotting blothing. It wont hurt anything. Just wash your car to get rid of any dust that settled, and dry and buff off any residue and z-6, it will look nice.

If you prefer Carnuba products and obviously dont mind spending a bit of coin on your baby,lol. try Pinnacle Souveran. AWESOME.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:15 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: 06Vista

ORIGINAL: bradzpony

Hello Zaino has a learning curve it is however an excellent product. Humidity plays a part in the drying process, As well as temp. It also sounds like you did not allow the product to dry. I suspect that you may have applied the product to heavy, you have to apply extremley thin coats. I have used zaino, and got the same effect spotting blothing. It wont hurt anything. Just wash your car to get rid of any dust that settled, and dry and buff off any residue and z-6, it will look nice.

If you prefer Carnuba products and obviously dont mind spending a bit of coin on your baby,lol. try Pinnacle Souveran. AWESOME.
I agree, most likely you applied it on to thick. Zaino needs to be applied very thin. I have had GREAT success with it. I use the ZFX when I am first doing the car....3 coats in one day. When I do periodic "touch ups" I don't. Bottom Line, I would give it a 2nd chance.....I think you will love it.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:17 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Klasse products are excellent.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
bradzpony

Thanks for all the responses.
It is sunny and in the 60's again today so I think I will go to a car wash after
work and just rinse it with water and then do some more buffing on it.

Brad

Quick Reply: zaino