Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Stripes Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default Help with Stripes Please!!

I'm really looking into getting some black stripes on my GT, and am wondering the price range some of yall paid to ge them PAINTED on. Thanks

- Justin
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help with Stripes Please!!

C'mon...outta the 5 views I got .....does ne one have stripes on their car
Old 11-09-2006, 05:32 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

I have seen estimates for painting stripes for $800 - $2000 - all depends on where you go and what you want. You need to find a shop with a good reputation. Their price will be fair and will probably be about $1800 because there is a lot of work to do to get it done right.

Have you considered the vinyl stripes? They are much cheaper and some have good quality and warranties.

Black on yellow is a great combination.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I was quoted $2,000.00 for painted on stripes. They have to remove body parts, paint the stripes on, then clear over everything. Very involved. I am toying with stripes, but I believe I will go the vinyl route for two reasons. 1) I can buy and have installed vinyl stripes for around $400.00. 2) If I get tired of the stripes, I can have them removed and have my original paint intact. My car is always garaged and never sees rain and doesn't sit out in the sun, so I don't think paint fade beneath the stripes would be much of an issue.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:54 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

That's a big price difference. Please consider vinyl...
Old 11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

I noticed you have a convertible. The overall price should be less for either option because you do not have to stripe the roof. What type of stripes are you considering? I have a convertible also - Silver.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

My painter quoted me $5K for stripes, of course that was for the entire car. this guy is a real perfectionist (did my Harley), but I think I will go with vinyl. cheaper, just as nice, and reverasable. Hell, even the Shelby GT500s have the vinyl stripes !!!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Stripes are getting more and more common place every day. You might want to consider a two tone scheme, like a lighter yellow upper and an orange dividing pin stripe. ...sorry not too many color schemes to use with yellow. Possibly silver upper but metallic should be very, very fine. Do you want something distinctive? ...cause you know people see stripes on a mustang and say "yeah ok". I'm not knocking stripes, there are some terrific ones done out here, one in particular that comes to mind was a yellow GT with wide silver stripes. ...simply beautiful. I would suggest the vinyl to see if you really like it enough after a while, to spend the 2k to get it done right.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Stripes are getting more and more common place every day. You might want to consider a two tone scheme, like a lighter yellow upper and an orange dividing pin stripe. ...sorry not too many color schemes to use with yellow. Possibly silver upper but metallic should be very, very fine. Do you want something distinctive? ...cause you know people see stripes on a mustang and say "yeah ok". I'm not knocking stripes, there are some terrific ones done out here, one in particular that comes to mind was a yellow GT with wide silver stripes. ...simply beautiful. I would suggest the vinyl to see if you really like it enough after a while, to spend the 2k to get it done right.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

In my opinion, painted stripes are not worth $2000 - $5000 unless you want a show car. Did the original mustangs have painted or vinyl stripes from the factory?

Quick Reply: Help with Stripes Please!!