Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How bad do lowered Stangs ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Default How bad do lowered Stangs ride?

I ordered my 07 GT which should be arriving in Dec. I am going to change the stock wheels and put some 20" American Racing wheels on it. I am thinking of lowering it with the Eibach Pro Spring kit. How bad will the ride be? If I do it before I even drive the car will I miss anything?
Old 11-10-2006, 07:45 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How bad do lowered Stangs ride?

WIth the pro-kit its not too bad, its definitly more firm, so thatll equate to a slightly harsher ride. Now mine though, she rides like a brick, will damn near rattle your teeth loose.
-P.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:02 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

20's?? damn...
Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

If your going to go that route then getting the Tokico Adj. D-specs is a MUST have item. That way you can make it ride as hard or soft as you want. The stock shocks will not last long and the ride will most likley be so harsh that it will make you regret your choices.

Richard
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

so what kid does anybody recommend to have a smililar to stock ride?
I wanna get my car lowered real bad but I don't wanna sacrifice quality ride, and obviously i don't wanna pay up the *** for suspension either.

Any suggestions?

-DG
Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Save yourself some coin and do the install yourself. all you need is a basic ratchet set and some wrenches. Just make sure you have all the tools you need before you start.

Well some of the bolts may require sockets that don't come in your standard handyman tool kit, but nothing to crazy.

I have the ford racing springs with stock shocks/struts and I think the ride quality is very good compared to stock. Adj. shocks and struts would be nice, but they can wait. With the stock shocks and bumpstops cut in half my car still doesn't bottom out even on the biggest dips, which suprised me, I was sure the exhaust would scrape.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:10 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel06GT

so what kid does anybody recommend to have a smililar to stock ride?
I wanna get my car lowered real bad but I don't wanna sacrifice quality ride, and obviously i don't wanna pay up the *** for suspension either.

Any suggestions?

-DG
Depends on how low you want to go but if you want simllar ride to stock check this out.
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...opspindles.htm
Seems like the way to go to me. I don't know why it's not more popular.
By the way, I also live in the Phoenix area.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I love my Eibach pro kit. I only have 18s though. The ride is firm but not too rough
Old 11-10-2006, 10:40 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GT

I don't know why it's not more popular.
1. it's more expensive
2. more difficult install

It does maintain the stock ride quality. I'd be sitting low in the front with my drop springs and those spindles
Old 11-10-2006, 10:57 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: 07GT

I don't know why it's not more popular.
1. it's more expensive
2. more difficult install

It does maintain the stock ride quality. I'd be sitting low in the front with my drop springs and those spindles

1. Still more expensive when you add the cost of aftermarket struts? I know not totally necessary but if I changed to lowered springs, I would change the struts, don't have to but I would, personal preference. Don't have to do it right away though.
2. I think I could change the spindles in about 2 hrs but I do have a shop and all the tools. Personally I'd rather change the spindles and not have to worry about wheel alignment right away. Notice I say right away, I'd have it checked afterwards even though they say it doesn't change anything, I'm just that picky.

I've done my own wheel alignments in the past, but I'm getting lazy in my old age. Your point is well taken on the the height of the car. They drop the front 1.25 inches so you would have to pick an appropriate rear spring to match what rake you wanted.
Thanks for the reply, I know the drop spindles aren't for everyone, but I'm still amazed that nobody has tried them. I don't think they'd be so bad with the Rousch rear springs.

Quick Reply: How bad do lowered Stangs ride?