Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt chase article - Thought you might enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt chase article - Thought you might enjoy!

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage
Really good article... I havent seen the movie yet but I guess this means I have to go rent it now.
Yes the force compels you Luke oh wait your not Luke oh well the Force compels you anyway
Old 11-17-2006, 04:58 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Lol, yeah Ive heard its good just.. none of my friends are really into cars, so they either havent seen it or have seen it and dont own it. Guess Im headin to Blockbuster later today
Old 11-17-2006, 10:09 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Lol, yeah Ive heard its good just.. none of my friends are really into cars, so they either havent seen it or have seen it and dont own it. Guess Im headin to Blockbuster later today
Forget the movie, just watch the chase scene...almost 10 minutes long!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:16 PM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

For those of you who have never experienced seeing Bullitt in a movie theatre, watching it on video is a much different experience! In 1969 I came home on leave from the Army and took my girlfriend (now wife) to see Bullitt in Menlo Cinema in Edison, NJ. At that time, movie theaters still had "real" screens! Bullitt was shown on a screen 60 feet long by 30 feet high. Watching the chase scene from 12 rows back was quite an experience, to say the least! The shots, photographed through the windshields of the vehicles traveling down the hills, actually made many people sick to their stomachs. Very tough to duplicate that experience at home, but the chase, itself, still holds up these many years later. A few years later, I was employed on a part time basis as a projectionist, and when "my" theater played Bullitt, I would go down to the auditorium to watch the chase scene in its' entirety, during every show! Truly, the "grand daddy" of ALL car chases!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Great article Sherwood. I have the movie Bullitt and I had to show it to my son and his buddies and told them to pay close attention since this chase scene is the grand daddy of all car chase scenes. Before this one, they weren't that good and everybody copies off of this one now. I've watched the chase scene so much that I know the chapter number on the DVD...14.
Here's some other chase scene comments. Smokey and the Bandit: When Frog says are we really doing 110? And the Bandit says Uh Huh. Take a good look at the speedo...he wasn't lying but they're doing 110 KILOMETERS which is about 70 mph. Blues Brothers...a film that had a chase that was filmed at truely high speeds. Check out the speedo when their going down Wacker Blvd...over 100mph.
Dukes of Hazard...not that great of a movie but some great car stunts especially the part where they are drifting in a circle, then they blast out of town for the longest car jump in film history at 175 ft!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Really good article... I havent seen the movie yet but I guess this means I have to go rent it now.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...se+scene&hl=en
Old 11-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

"We were driving around the airport and right at that time there was a Mustang GTO on display. He said, 'That's what you should buy.' And I did."

What's a Mustang GTO?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
KCsGT

Here's another excellent BULLITT website http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt.htm

-Ken
Old 11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

"We were driving around the airport and right at that time there was a Mustang GTO on display. He said, 'That's what you should buy.' And I did."

What's a Mustang GTO?
That's not my quote. I have no idea what a Mustang GTO is. Or a Charger SVT, or a Camaro Z06, or a BMW 911 Turbo, or...or...or....
Old 11-17-2006, 04:50 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...se+scene&hl=en
Thats cool, I gotta watch the movie now. Lol.. I did see lots of hubcaps come off, and they passed the same green beetle 3 different times lol.

Quick Reply: Bullitt chase article - Thought you might enjoy!