Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horsepower is Horsepower...now GIDDYUP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 07:35 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Horsepower is Horsepower...now GIDDYUP!

Id still like to see a shorter, wider, lower to the ground Mustang Roadster with good suspension and a powerful engine... itd be nice to have some American muscle put these little foreign cars to shame in the straights AND the twisties.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:06 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

You can! It's called suspension, tire and brake upgrades.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:31 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rattsj

That solves the lower to the ground problem.. now... what about shorter, wider and 2 less seats? [8D]
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Well I don't foresee that the Mustang will ever be a roadster. Never has been most likely never will be. But as far as competing with the 350z and the g35 I am certain that we have them beat hands down.
a) you cant buy a Z or a G for less than 30k and if you want any options it will be much more expensive.
b) the pony already has more power so with the thousands of bucks you save buying the pony you can make it better than either of them for less $

Bottom line before I added my suspension I had dropped the 20"s and BFG KDW's on my ride and could exit a 90 degree turn anywhere from 60-70 mph hours depending on the angle of entry.

You don't even want to know what she will do now
Old 11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

That solves the lower to the ground problem.. now... what about shorter, wider and 2 less seats? [8D]
Already done. It's called a Corvette! [:-]
Old 11-22-2006, 09:00 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

haha good 1
Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah Im afraid the Roadster idea isnt something Ford is too fond of, but I can still dream right? As far as the Stang beating those other cars, I have no doubt it can be done with aftermarket stuff... just wish people would recognize that, plus itd be nice for Ford to push out one from the factory that puts them away for good.

Heh... Vettes may meet my specs for shorter, wider, lower to the ground, and 2 seater... but they will NEVER be a Mustang! Wouldnt it be nice if Ford had a 2 seater in the Vette price range (or maybe even less) to compete though?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:22 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

It would be interesting but the truth of the matter is that ford has put out a lot of new cars over the years and they have yet to come up with 1 new good idea. ie probe, taurus, tempo, pinto, every new car they bring to production sux @ss. The only thing they do well is make the old new and better. ie Mustangs, Trucks, GT, Town cars. Thats fords market. They are good at it. THey have loyal buyers. But right now they are still recovering from overproducing those. So new model fords will be conservative and aimed at current market trends. Rather than new and exciting low production # cars. I don't think anything beyond Mustang or other mass production model speciatly cars will be built for the next 10 years while ford tries to recover.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

It would be interesting but the truth of the matter is that ford has put out a lot of new cars over the years and they have yet to come up with 1 new good idea. ie probe, taurus, tempo, pinto, every new car they bring to production sux @ss. The only thing they do well is make the old new and better. ie Mustangs, Trucks, GT, Town cars. Thats fords market. They are good at it. THey have loyal buyers. But right now they are still recovering from overproducing those. So new model fords will be conservative and aimed at current market trends. Rather than new and exciting low production # cars. I don't think anything beyond Mustang or other mass production model speciatly cars will be built for the next 10 years while ford tries to recover.
Thats understandable after what they just went through... lets just hope they can turn things around.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

MBDiagMan Date 11/21/2006 7:18:47 AM
Having a car that is capable of outrunning more folks is fine, but the feeling of torque is more fun for me.
So you think it's more "fun" to get left in the dust? Interesting... [&:]

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

- C
Yes, since I don't go to the drag strip and no longer street race, it is MUCH more fun to have a car that will mash your back against the seat rather than have to rev it up as if you're mad at it, and then still not get that same feeling.

If I want BOTH to feel the torque AND outrun the other Mustangs on the road, I'll drive my Vette. That is' if I can't keep it running long enough to go anywhere in it.

If I were to have given you a ride in both my 85 and my 06 GT's while you were blind folded, you would have said that the 85 was faster.

Quick Reply: Horsepower is Horsepower...now GIDDYUP!