Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt a hole in my seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 PM
KCsGT

Default RE: Burnt a hole in my seat

ORIGINAL: skinjob

You know if they ever make it illegal to smoke in your car here in the good old bay area.. I'm going to start smoking again. The only thing I really miss about smoking is lighting up every time I someone told me not to, and especially during every stupid anti smoking commercial.
-J
Boy, I sure hope you don't have kids, or plan on not having kids. You'd probably be the type that would light up with your kid in the car with the windows rolled up just beacuse you hate the anti-smokers and try to stick it to them. Yeah, that'll show them. [sm=smiley29.gif]

I smoked for a while when I was a young stupid punk. But, I wised up and quite.

Things I hate the most:

1.) Pregnant woman who smoke (or drink for that matter).
2.) People who smoke with children in the car. I've seen it many times.
3.) Smoker's who litter the highway. I see it all the time.

I don't care if people smoke as long as they are responsible enough to be courteous to other people and their environment.

-Ken

Old 11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
skiba5546
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

ORIGINAL: 2006GTMUSTANG

I burnt a small hole in my seat when my cigarette flew back in my window. Its leather anyone have any ideas or heard of anything to cover it up?

Thanks

Steve

rofl did this same thing but i don tsmoke cigs so it was a hooka coal that fell off onto the seat. Ford wanted 350 just to patch it up. Paid a man named roberto 125 and he redid both my front seats with oem material =)
You were smoking a hookah in your car? It must've smelled delicious, like my dorm room does now.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
2006GTMUSTANG

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I will be sure to look into all options. I also dont have kids, and if I did I would not smoke in front of them. I also quit smoking guess it was a little phase I started when I drank but I dont do it anymore. Before you jump to conclusions i was not drinking and driving

Thanks

Steve
Old 11-21-2006, 06:14 PM
skinjob
1st Gear Member

First off, I would be slowly killing my self to try and make a stand against the injustice of not allowing people to smoke in their car. I'm kind of a hero like that.. you can thank me later.
Secondly, you don't even know if I have a family, and trying to bring up my family which you assume exists into this is really weak at best. Whatever relationship I happen to have with them now will deem the relationship I have with them in the future and if I'm worth taking care of or not.

Coming out against smokers like this is so weak. It's funny how ya'll keep talking about second-hand smoke and polution in a forum mostly full of people whos number one goal is to try and turn a gallon of oil into a cloud of carbon monoxide and melted rubber on the ground as quickly as possible. I would think if you guys cared so much we would all be driving hybrids or diesels but that's not quite as easy or fun as bitching at some tard who burned a hole in his back seat.

-J

ORIGINAL: slow07
So basically you slowly kill yourself just out of spite... Yeah, that will show the anti-smokers!!! If someone is telling you not to, then it is probably in a situation that it is hurting other people's lungs too, which is a crappy thing to do. I guess you don't even care about how it is going to effect your family, when they are taking care of you prior to your premature death due to lung cancer.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:20 PM
skinjob
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KCsGT
Boy, I sure hope you don't have kids, or plan on not having kids. You'd probably be the type that would light up with your kid in the car with the windows rolled up just beacuse you hate the anti-smokers and try to stick it to them. Yeah, that'll show them. [sm=smiley29.gif]
And you'd probably be the type to sit at a forum and type stupid inflamatory bs to try and sound political or something

Too bad you didn't wise up and learn how spell (or at the very least type)

Things I hate the most:

I don't care if people smoke as long as they are responsible enough to be courteous to other people and their environment.

-Ken
Things I hate the most:
1.) you
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 PM
newrah
1st Gear Member

Wow skinjob, and I thought I was the only one tired of all the politically correct B/S going on here. I thought the topic was a hole in the seat.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Take it easy there *******...oops, i mean skinjob. Your awfully touchy. You should relax and have a cigarette. It will calm your nervs. In fact, why dont you go smoke it in your Mustang. Maybe you willburn a hole in your seat, and then you and 2006mustanggt will have matching interiors.

ORIGINAL: skinjob

ORIGINAL: KCsGT
And you'd probably be the type to sit at a forum and type stupid inflamatory bs to try and sound political or something

Too bad you didn't wise up and learn how spell (or at the very least type)

Things I hate the most:

-Ken
Things I hate the most:
1.) you
Old 11-21-2006, 10:57 PM
ponyx2
2nd Gear Member

Well put skin. 2 more to add to your list: reformed smokers and reborn bible thumpers.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 PM
watsonaka
1st Gear Member

Auto upholstery shop. $50 maybe. I smoke, but not in my stang. But hey you bought it dude. What you do in it is your business. Don't feel bad dude, I still want to know how too shut off the ****ing seat belt chime. Most of the seatbelt threads go something like this one. Anyway, good luck with the seat.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 AM
outpost77
1st Gear Member

I don't want to preach either, but I actually quit a 30 year habit when I bought my Mustang because I did not want the inside to smell like smoke. Since then I have been trying to find the answer to the following question: Am I sorrier that I started or that I quit? Good luck finding the patch (pun intended).

Quick Reply: Burnt a hole in my seat