Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:28 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Seems the April production modelcoupesare being sold with the fix for our cars!
Now if only we can get Ford to caugh up the fix!
I am going to see if I can get my service manager to request and get the fix approved now or at least soon since it is now known that the fix is out and in the latest production runs!
Let's hope it works!

I am sure there is more to do than just add the cross member. Like new strut mounts, maybe even completely new strut assembly's.

We'll see.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Got_Stang?

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Jay, glad to hear on the huge improvement with the swaybar.
I also wanted to let you guys know that my Stang finally came in today and is being prepped for me as we speak, have to go pick it up around 6PM. Anyway, I stopped by earlier just to check it out and I looked underneath and sure enough, mine has the cross member brace mounted on it.....it's an '07 coupe.
Interesting! That's the 2nd report I've see on the cross member being on a delux coupe or GT.

What is your production date? Is it April like the other one that reported that the cross member is there?

Ford must really be paying attention to our issue then since it seem that they are now including the cross member. I bet they are still using the same chepo strut mount though.

Let us know what your production date is would you? That would be great to know.

I'm going to go to a dealer and do some investigation to see if any of their latest production stangs have the cross member.

Vally intalesting indeed!
Okay, on the sticker inside the door jam, it says April 2007.
That would be it right? There isn't like an actual date eg: April 10, 2007....correct?

Right, p/d has month and year only.
Enjoy your brand new THUNKFREE Mustang!
Congrats!

Wolfey2k
Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Got_Stang?

Jay, glad to hear on the huge improvement with the swaybar.
I also wanted to let you guys know that my Stang finally came in today and is being prepped for me as we speak, have to go pick it up around 6PM. Anyway, I stopped by earlier just to check it out and I looked underneath and sure enough, mine has the cross member brace mounted on it.....it's an '07 coupe.
Interesting! That's the 2nd report I've see on the cross member being on a delux coupe or GT.

What is your production date? Is it April like the other one that reported that the cross member is there?

Ford must really be paying attention to our issue then since it seem that they are now including the cross member. I bet they are still using the same chepo strut mount though.

Let us know what your production date is would you? That would be great to know.

I'm going to go to a dealer and do some investigation to see if any of their latest production stangs have the cross member.

Vally intalesting indeed!
Okay, on the sticker inside the door jam, it says April 2007.
That would be it right? There isn't like an actual date eg: April 10, 2007....correct?

Right, p/d has month and year only.
Enjoy your brand new THUNKFREE Mustang!
Congrats!

Wolfey2k

Okay, that's what I thought and thank you for the well wishes, hopefully things go well for me and for everyone else. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM
vladimirmaleev

ok so is that what all we need a patrt# 4R3Z5025A cross member and
hardware for it part # W711533-S440 four of those nuts
?has anyone got it done yet on a 05-07 before april coupe and since they give it for convertible only does it work on coupe.and.... does it fix something?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Some have installed the factory crossbar and done nothing as far as noise. I believe those of us that have the thunking noise have other problems.(strut & upper mount) In my opinion. As I said ages ago, my car had 7.5 miles and had the noise. No support or brace would have stopped that. Only masked or covered up the noise.
Glad to hear you new Mustang owners are fairing out OK. But there are many"thunkers"that have already payed a fortune to Ford that they won't fix. And this is BS.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Hey there. You've asked a lot of important questions, but unfortunately the answers lie in the nearly 1,000 posts to this thread. Every question you ask is either discussed or answered.. . . so untilwe can get a document together that summarizes it all, you're just going to have to read the whole damn thing!!!! There should bea better search engine on this forum so you can go to specific posts, but it doesn't work very well so you may just have to skim through it. The basic answer is that EVERYTHING has been tried and SOME OF IT has worked and SOME OF IT has not worked. It's been pretty much a crap shoot, but stiffening up the suspension with cross members on top and bottom seems to help, and making sure the endlinks are tight and maybe a swaybar with a different angle/heft may also help. Good luck!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
ajc
1st Gear Member

Everyone who is having the Thunking problem list your build date.My dealer said all Mustangs built after 10/06 should not have the problem.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

i think mine's the same as Wolfey's.

hmmm, who is this mysterious dealer and why does s/he have such privileged and highly sought after info?????????????
Old 05-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

They started production of the 07on 06/05/06. Mine was built on 07/27/06the exact date look at your window sticker on the bottom right. I was at the dealer again this morning checking production dates and the upper mount we use(coupe, conv, V6, & GT) is the same as they started with starting 06/04. The strut we 07's use started 06/05/06. They said each Monday the computer info is refreshed. So if someone says the don't thunk after 10/06, I would think they would have new production dates starting then. That doesn't sound right I thought a long while back someone has a thunker made in Dec 06. I agree about that info,(not stepping on anyone toes) but if it was fixed back in Oct. we would have the problem TSB,unless Ford is saying screw us.
Obviously they aren't built in a day but that date is when finished and put the window sticker on and send out the door because I recieved it a couple days later.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

They started production of the 07on 06/05/06. Mine was built on 07/27/06the exact date look at your window sticker on the bottom right. I was at the dealer again this morning checking production dates and the upper mount we use(coupe, conv, V6, & GT) is the same as they started with starting 06/04. The strut we 07's use started 06/05/06. They said each Monday the computer info is refreshed. So if someone says the don't thunk after 10/06, I would think they would have new production dates starting then. That doesn't sound right I thought a long while back someone has a thunker made in Dec 06. I agree about that info,(not stepping on anyone toes) but if it was fixed back in Oct. we would have the problem TSB,unless Ford is saying screw us.
Obviously they aren't built in a day but that date is when finished and put the window sticker on and send out the door because I recieved it a couple days later.
Are you talking about a date followed by a bunch of letters and numbers on the bottom right of the windowsticker? That date is different than what is on the sticker inside my door.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise