Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheres trunk release

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 07:09 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wheres trunk release

Ford cheaped out. the place for the button is there and everything.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:10 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ratzila

Actually you have to push the key fob and then the trunk monkey will open it from inside. He will then proceed to hit your head with a chair for asking a stupid question. [sm=chairshot.gif][sm=joke.gif]
There is not a trunk release inside the car.

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 11-23-2006, 12:29 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Here are instructions that I wrote up for a trunk release switch. I find it very useful. Many times, I will be in the garage and the keys will be in the house and if I need to open the trunk, I just push the button and the trunk opens.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/TrunkRelease.htm (be patient, the pictures take a while to come up)

On two occasions, it actually save me a lot of time and agrevation. I was at a car show and locked my coat in the trunk with the keys in the pocket. If it had not been for the trunk release button in the glove compartment, I would have had to call for a locksmith and wait for them to show up.

This is a cheap mod, the switch cost less then $2 at Radio Shack and it took less then an hour to install.

For some, the key fob is all you need, but for me, I love my trunk release button. It was one of the cheapest and most useful mods I've done.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: odiaz

Here are instructions that I wrote up for a trunk release switch. I find it very useful. Many times, I will be in the garage and the keys will be in the house and if I need to open the trunk, I just push the button and the trunk opens.

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/TrunkRelease.htm (be patient, the pictures take a while to come up)

On two occasions, it actually save me a lot of time and agrevation. I was at a car show and locked my coat in the trunk with the keys in the pocket. If it had not been for the trunk release button in the glove compartment, I would have had to call for a locksmith and wait for them to show up.

This is a cheap mod, the switch cost less then $2 at Radio Shack and it took less then an hour to install.

For some, the key fob is all you need, but for me, I love my trunk release button. It was one of the cheapest and most useful mods I've done.
If you have a coupe then you can just fold the back seats down. I locked my keys in the trunk once and had to dive in the back.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:47 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

+1 with odiaz. A very very inexpensive and TIME saving mod that I didn't think I needed either, until I did it anyway because of the small cost. Every time I use it to save a trip up the stairs, or to save a call someone to bring me the spare fob, I think about the naysayers in this thread....and just chuckle to myself...
Old 11-23-2006, 05:18 AM
06torchredgt

I am thinking about buying another remote and put inside the glove box
Old 11-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Gee, I'm still wondering how do I unlock the passenger side door from the outside!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:38 PM
markj
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TinPony

+1 with odiaz. A very very inexpensive and TIME saving mod that I didn't think I needed either, until I did it anyway because of the small cost. Every time I use it to save a trip up the stairs, or to save a call someone to bring me the spare fob, I think about the naysayers in this thread....and just chuckle to myself...
+2. That was a great "how to" post. I'm going to do this over the weekend. Except I'm going to run the button from the center console compartment. There is a removable flap in there where I could easily mount the button out of the way. But either way it will be nice to have the button.

And as far as it being a stupid question I also looked around when I first got the car and thought "where the heck is the trunk button on this thing?" I was pretty suprised that my, otherwise, loaded stang did not come with one. So call me stupid too. [sm=smiley26.gif]
Old 11-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Gee, I'm still wondering how do I unlock the passenger side door from the outside!!!

Hit the unlock button on the fob twice
Old 11-23-2006, 03:37 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

F.uck the naysayers!

Quick Reply: wheres trunk release