Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad day yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 12:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: bad day yesterday

I don't get dents by the way. I park way out in the middle of nowhere. At work i park in a spot at the end of the lot that's the last spot in the row and on the other side is a handicap spot. Normally i'd never, ever, ever park next to a handicap space because handicap people generall aren't to concerned about your car or there's, but in this case the spot was put there for a future strip mall which was never built, atleast not yet. So it's impossible for anyone to park next to me.

I'm guessing the kids tire hit your fender when he was backing out. If I were the school I think i'd put a cap on how expensive of a vehicle you can drive to school. Can't they be held responsible if someone steals your $35k lexus? Especially if you pay some kind of fee to park there and they have security.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:47 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Good advice about recording it, because without evidence its all hear say. Wouldnt do anything to his car because then you will be held responsible for fixing his. Just got to the school or his parents if he doesnt want to pay, although the school might not care.

At the school I went to, we had assigned parking and you had to pay like.. 50 bucks a year for a parking permit. But when you bought it you had to sign this form saying that they werent responsible for anything that happened to your vehicle while on their lot. It was a gated school but the gates were open in the day so anyone could come in and eff up your car, and then just leave. School had no security cameras. Couple friends with nice cars got pretty messed up while we were there and we never found out who it was. Luckily I didnt have my Stang while I was there or I guarentee I would have been targeted.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

a paintless dent guy can take care of that for under a $100. I use one so much on my 4 cars that i put his name on the rear window of my tahoe and he does not charge me any more. He has taken out over 20 dents for me in the last 3 years.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Just ram the ****ers head off his own car a few hundred times and see how many dents he gets.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MK2_GT

Do the right thing and do not damage his car.

my advice would be to:

1. Ask him to pay.

If he says no

2. Tell the school authorities and get your parents to talk to his parents.
Wussy way to do it but I guess its the right thing to do.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:38 PM
pedersenkirk

I feel your pain, my friend.

Three days after I got my GT I was driving home across a bridge and some **** was tailgating me, suddenly everyone was on their brakes (except him) and he slammed into my rear bumper.

$2,700 later, the car still doesn't look like it did coming off the lot. I'm just glad he had insurance. There was more damage to his car (a late '80's VW Jetta) than mine.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:47 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

Man soo sorry to here about your car,do your grandparents still have their '72 LTD Station Wagon that you can take to school and park right up his crack !!! But being the class act that us Mustang guys are, the best thing to do in the name of justice is ,"DONT BANG HIS DOOR: BANG HIS GIRLFRIEND !!!! "
Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06blueovalblueGT

Man soo sorry to here about your car,do your grandparents still have their '72 LTD Station Wagon that you can take to school and park right up his crack !!! But being the class act that us Mustang guys are, the best thing to do in the name of justice is ,"DONT BANG HIS DOOR: BANG HIS GIRLFRIEND !!!! "

+1

when he asks why you went that route tell him "oh, she already had a few dents in her. what's one more, right?"